Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BartDude
Nov 4, 2004

We are happy, we are merry. We've got a rhyming dictionary!
Gibson SG 61 Reissue

Price Paid - $1400 (negotiated) at Guitar Center

Year - 2005

Specs:
* Mahogany body and bound neck
* Rosewood fretboard
* Gibson Classic '57 humbuckers at the neck and bridge
* Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece
* Nickel hardware
* Gibson hardshell case

Sound: I can't say enough about how much I love the sound of this guitar! Clean it almost sounds like chimes to me, that's the only way I can describe it. So much tone..depth of tone.... Overdriven, it's the real Cream tone. This is my fav. electric to play because of its sound.

Playability: The neck is great, and actually a little thin for me as I grew up playing acoustics and I'm not a fast player. The set-up out of the box may not be 100% spot on; I'm still playing with the tuning and I *think* it's ok. The SG is nice and light and well balanced. And to think that I almost bought a 9+ pound Les Paul!

Overall Value: I was thinking about Les Paul Standards, and even Custom Shop Les Pauls, and I'm sooo glad I played this SG before buying one of them. I'm really happy with it, and it's quite a bit less expensive than the quality Les Pauls. For me at this time, it was a great value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU