Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Plant Guy
Nov 8, 2004
What the fuck happened to my picture?
Title of Equipment: Parker Fly Deluxe w/ Tremolo
Price Paid / Price New: $1,500/$2,000
Year Manufactured: 2001
Specs: 24-fret carbon fingerboard, Sperzel locking tuners, dual humbucker pickups, adjustable tremolo (floating/down-only/set), piezo pickups integrated in bridge, lots of knobs, and ability to split humbucker signals and piezo signals into two different amps. Guitar is extremely light, weighing about 4 pounds. Ability to split the humbuckers into two single-coil pickups.

Sound: 4.5/5
The piezos especially sound great, real crisp sounds, especially for a solid-body electric. The humbuckers are kind of blah, but apparentally there are ways you can get them swapped out for Seymour Duncan Black Backs at Ed Roman (?) Guitars. I get some mild fret buzz on my B string, which causes much annoyance.

Equipment quality: 4.5/5
Again, the fret buzz indicates some lack of fine-tuned construction. Other than that, the thing is rock solid and perfect. Gotta be a little careful with ramming the guitar into stuff (dude, you just paid $2,000 for a guitar, dumbass. Don't run it in to stuff.) as the paint chips. The paint job itself looks awesome. I got the Emerald Green, and it actually is more harlequin than anything else. Colors range from green to purple, depending on lighting.

Playability: 5/5
The piezos, humbuckers, and pickup-splitting give this guitar a ton of versatility. You can easily drop-tune it, if you're into that kind of thing, as its neck length is the same as Ibanez metal-type guitars so you won't get floppy-dick string syndrome. The neck on this guitar will give you an orgasm in your pants. It is the smoothest, fastest neck you'll ever play in your life. Kinda hard to get used to no fretboard markings (the whole fretboard is solid black) but if you buy a guitar like this, I hope to loving god you already can play without those.

Overall Value: 4.9/5
If it wasn't for the half-rear end pickups and the fret buzz (which was almost totally eliminated with a piece of sandpaper on the nut) this thing would be the pinnacle of guitars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU