Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autopsy
Nov 24, 2004
After School Knife Party
Marshall VS 100 Head
Price paid: 150
Year Manufactured: 1994
Specs:
-clean channel and two overdrive channels
-1 12AX7 preamp tube
-100 watt solid state

Sound: 3/5
My main gripe with this amp would be the thin distortion. There's just not enough chunk in overdrive 1 or overdrive 2. If you play metal or hardcore, even with od 2 eq it is difficult to get the note definition with the gain cranked. Regardless, for the deal I got on it, you just cant beat the features. Distortion aside, the clean channel is great sounding, similar to a solidstate fender.

Equipment quality: 4/5
In the span of time I've had this unit, the only damage it's taken is one of the plastic feet has broken off. The power cord is removable and theres room in the back for storing gear, so it would be difficult to damage.

Usefulness: 4/5
Surprisingly versitile clean, but od channels best suited for classic rock, blues tone. This is the main reason I upgraded my primary amp recently.

Overall value: 4/5
A very good beginning amp if you need something to compete with the band members sound on a buget. Perfectly suited for classic rock bands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU