Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last 04
Jan 1, 2005
:rolleyes:
Title of Equipment: Ibanez TS7 Tubescreamer
Price Paid / Price New: $30 / $40-$60
Year Manufactured: Mine is from 1999-2000ish
Specs:
Provides an excellent, warm, tube-amp overdrive
3-knob configuration: Drive, Tone, Level
Knobs push down and lock to avoid accidentally kicking and changing of levels.
"Hot" switch adds extra gain.
Operates on 9V Battery or AC Adaptor (Adaptor recommended)

Sound: 4.5/5
Great range and versatility of overdrive effects. With a flip of the "hot" switch it can go from warm blues tube amp to crushing overdrive. One complaint is that some death/heavy metal players might find the heaviest drive settings a bit lacking in the tight, focused body they want from a distortion pedal. Overall though, this pedal does the best job I have ever heard of mimicking a great tube sound.

Quality: 5/5
I have had this pedal for about 6 years and it still works as great as the day I bought it. Its metal case has been extremely durable and has taken loads of abuse.

Usefulness: 5/5
The great range and durability of this pedal has made it the most versatile stompbox I own. I have been able to get every type of overdrive I have ever needed out of this tiny box and it always sounds far better than the overdrive effects on any effects processor I use.

Overall: 4.5/5
I have two complaints about this pedal: One is that it drains batteries. However, if you purchase the adaptor (or a cheap universal one like I did) this complaint is moot. Two is that if you need a lot of focused drive, this pedal is not for you. Any Deathmetal pedal will be better. But I don't play Deathmetal and for all of my other overdrive needs this pedal has always been magnificent.

This is the first place I turn when I need great overdrive in a live setting. Its sound is as close to a tube amp as I have ever heard from a pedal and it is far more portable and durable than one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU