Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gvonpaul
Jan 21, 2005
Goober
Lollar 50's wind P-90's
Price Paid / Price New: New $200/pair
Year Manufactured: Example: 2009
Specs Equipment's Specifications. Bridge 7.4k Neck 7.1k Alnico 2 magnets. Installed in Edwards Les Paul Special.

Sound (or applicable): 5/5. A perfect balance between a humbucker and Fender type single coil pickup. Gets very close to Fender-ish tones but is much ballsier. Bright, almost chime-y at time, but never harsh. The neck pickup is full and round sounding with absolutely no mud.
They are a bit slower to overdrive my amp than the stock Seymour Duncans, but are much more articulate and musical in any application. Sound great when I boost them with my Tube Screamer reissue.

Equipment Quality: 5/5 Hand made, very clean. Minimal noise for a single coil pickup.

Usefullness: 5/5 Extremely useful to me. Fills a gap that my higher output humbuckers on my other Les Paul can not.

Overall Value: 5/5 Well worth the price paid. I took a mediocre sounding guitar and transformed it into my number one. In the interest of full disclosure, I must add that I also replaced all of the stock electronics with RS 500k pots and PIO caps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU