Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scottw330
Jan 24, 2005

Please, Hammer,
Don't Hurt Em :(
Behringer V-AMP 2

Price Paid / Price New: 100$/100$

Year Manufactured: 2005

Specs
-Loads of effects.
-32 amp models.
-Easy to use.
-Comes with a foot controller.

Sound: 4.5/5.
The sound is pretty good, and it is easy to tweak the effects to get any desired sound. At the price the output is much higher in quality than expected. If you are recording then there will be a slight difference between this and a more professional preamp. The effects all sound very good and most of the amp models are usefull. Some of them are not too great sounding, but there are enough to find something that you are looking for.

Equipment Quality: 4.5/5.
The quality is pretty good for the price tag. The body is plastic and so are the knobs. One of the knobs broke off on mine unfortunately so that is something to worry about. The quality of the interface and the effects is very high, however. Another thing to note is that the transition between effects is not instantaneous, which could be disruptive during a live performance.

Usefulness: 4.5/5.
Very useful for jamming and experimenting with different effects.

Overall Value: 5/5.
Overall, for the price, this is a very nice piece of equipment. I would highly recommend it.

Scottw330 fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jan 1, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scottw330
Jan 24, 2005

Please, Hammer,
Don't Hurt Em :(

Casio Privia px-130
Price New: ~$450
Year Manufactured: 2009
Specs: 88-Key Digital Piano, 128 not polyphony, 16 tones, a few effects, etc...

Sound: 3/5. I wasn't looking for something that sounded fantastic. I don't plan on doing any gigs or concerts with it. Having said that, the sound turned out the be a lot better than I expected. There are differences between this and an acoustic piano, but they are not significant enough to be annoying. The built-in speakers are OK, but I usually use headphones.

I pretty much only use the "Modern Piano" and "Classic Piano" tones and they are both great for practicing. The effects are not too detailed or great sounding, but they add some variety. Layering a string tone over the piano tone is a lot of fun as well.

Instrument Quality: 4/5. Quality is pretty good overall. Buttons all feel solid and the keys are definitely realistic feeling. The pedal that comes with the piano is not great, but if you want you can get a better pedal for not much more. Probably my only real complaint about this piano is how the buttons are organized. There are seven buttons and a knob on the top of the piano without any sort of display. This means that every key on the piano is configured to do something different. For example if you want to layer a string tone onto a piano tone you have to hold the function button and then hold two different piano keys. Some of the keys are not labeled, so you have to consult the manual if you haven't memorized which key does what. Mostly I just stick to the piano tones so I haven't messed around with recording.

Playability: 4/5. It is pretty close to the old grand piano I used to play on in terms of how the keys feel. There are a few differences but nothing too drastic. I didn't have to adjust to the keyboard at all, I just sat down and it was like I was at an acoustic piano.

Overall Value: 5/5. I hadn't played in a few months since I moved because I was unable to bring my acoustic piano. At first I was really turned off by the price of some Yamahas and Rolands, and I wasn't sure if this Casio would be good. Overall I'm really happy for the price. Maybe someday I will get a nice Roland, but for now this is great.