Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crystal Pepsi
Feb 1, 2005

remember ME?!
Title of Instrument Access Virus C Synth(tabletop version)

Price Paid / Price New: $1600/$1600

Year Manufactured: 2003-2004

Specs:
Extensive. check them out here: http://www.access-music.de/specifications.php4?product=virusc
Of note: 3 osc w/ massive modulation matrix and surround capabilities.

Sound: 5/5

This thing sounds incredible, really awesome. The filters in it are parallel to any standalone unit. Of particular note is the ultra-high quality phaser, which is really world-class.

Instrument Quality: 4/5.

In general, the build quality is great on this synth, far more solid than the Nords. My only complaint is the external power supply pet peeve! and the fact the push-buttons are kinda shoddy feeling.

Playbility: 4/5

While this synth does not have the most intuitive programming, it is really easy to put together great sounds quickly once you figure out the modulation matrix, and the signal flow.

This synth really excells at two things: making big swishy pads, and making huge fatty electro zaps. You can coax some decent-sounding strings and piano sounds out of this synth, but it takes some doing. Also makes a decent snare hit, but forget about any other percussion sounds. Oh, and this synth can replicate the sound from Van Halen's 'JUMP' perfectly... not that I play that song.... especially not all the drat time. :ninja:

Overall Value: 5/5

This synth was definately worth the money. As an effects and filter-box alone, this is worth the cash, but I've used pads and leads from this synth on almost every song I've made. This synth is a big black badass, and will never be leaving my studio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU