Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dade Murphy
Oct 17, 2005

by Lowtax
Title of Equipment: Vox ValveTronix AD60VTH Head
Price Paid / Price New: $300 something / I dunno..low $500 high $400 I think
Year Manufactured: 2003/2004 I think
Specs: 60watt mono modeling digital guitar amp with a tube or something

Sound: 4.5/5
I love the sound for a modeling amp, my dad has a Fender Cyber and I like this a lot better, I think it sounds a lot more organic. The tube thing really does work too, if you combine it with the power break thing it has that lets you adjust the wattage (60w, 30w, 15w and 1w). Lower wattages really allow you to turn it up and get some nices sounds at lower volumes. You can really hear the difference between having it around 3 at 60 watts and like 5 or 6 on 30w or 15w, so it's gotta be doing something.

There is a 120watt stereo version of this, but I opted against it because I cranked this up in the store and it had plenty of power, more then I'll ever use. Plus I have no need for the stereo stuff.

Some of the patches sound really nice, I use the jcm800 type sounds and the AC30 and Tweed a lot. The AC30 sounds really good.

One of the things I like the most is that you can use it just like a normal guitar amp. I have it in manual mode just about all the time, everything is seperate on it and it's all controlled with analog knobs, I hate fiddeling aroung with patches and hitting buttons to change stuff.

Quality: 4.5/5
Nothing has broken...yet. Some people say the input jacks get loose over time and cutout a bit but mine are still fine. Everything still works and sounds good so far. Build quality feels nice and solid, all the knobs feel really nice and smooth. It's pretty heavy too.

Usefullness: 4/5
One thing that really pisses me off is that it kind of sucks without the foot controller. I don't have it, and without it there is no other way to change channels other then walking up to it and adjusting things or pressing buttons. It's some big expensive $200+ deal that has a wah and volume pedal on it, it's pretty nice, but I don't want to pay that much to change channels to go from clean to distortion or something. They should have included just one of those normal footswitches and left the big one as an option.

Overall Value: 5/5
I paid like $300 for it and it's been great. It can go between a jcm800 and fender tweed and sound great on both. It's really easy to use, I use it like a normal amp. Plus, the serial number on mine is 666 :rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU