Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SleepyBandit
Dec 1, 2005

its a dog
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 20th Anniversary Model
Price Paid / Price New: $1,600 / $2,400+
Year Manufactured: Example: 2005
Specs: I only included the options I have on mine...

Body

* Carved flame maple top with mahogany back

Neck

* 25" scale length mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard
* Option: 24 fret - wide thin
* Option: Abalone bird inlays

Hardware

* 24 fret - PRS tremolo
* PRS 14:1 Phase II low mass locking tuners

Electronics

* 24 fret - HFS treble and Vintage bass pickups
* Option: Volume and push/pull tone control with 3-way toggle pickup selector

Sound: 5/5

This guitar sounds incredible. The bridge humbucker is really hot and sounds great with heavy distortion. The neck has a really low spectrum but sounds fantastic. The push / pull tone knob splits the humbuckers into single coils for tons of different tones. You really don't need to mess with your amp to get a shitload of different tones from this guitar.

Instrument Quality: 4.5/5

The electronics are superb, and the guitar itself is nothing short of breaktaking to look at. The tremolo is awesome along with the locking tuners that make changing strings a 2 minute affair rather than an exercise in patience. My only gripe is that it is so light that it feels almost dainty. Almost as though if I dropped the guitar it would shatter into a fuckton of expensive wood shards.

Playbility: 4.5/5

Fast as a Ferrari and easy as hell on the fingers. You can beat the poo poo out of the tremolo and it stays in tune. Very hard to pull the Tone pot to split the pickups when sweaty onstage though.

Overall Value: 4.5/5

Very pricey, but you get a very nice instrument that will probably be the last guitar you will ever need to buy for the money. You can get almost every tone out of it while the guitar itself looks like a piece of art.

http://prsguitars.com/showcase/current/custom.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU