Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006
Wow did I seriously review my guitar twice? see me next post halfway down the page

Hamer777 fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Dec 14, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006
Hamer Standard Flametop (Korean)

Price Paid / Price New: $325/$480

Year Manufactured: Bought in 2005 so probably an '04 or '05

Specs:
Explorer style body with a 24.75 scale length
tune-o-matic bridge with stop tailpiece
2 Hamer Humbuckers ("Duncan Designed")
Alder body
Maple set neck
rosewood fretboard
Crown inlays
3 way toggle switch

Sound: Well before I swapped the pickups I would give the sound a 3/5 because it was very lacking in the sustain department. A few months ago I swapped the pickups with a dimarzio Super Distortion (bridge) and Dimarzio Air Norton (Neck) and now this thing is a beast. I play through a Crate fxt120 Combo amp and the sustain and clarity is just great. 5/5

Instrument Quality: I got lucky with this guitar seeing as how I was pretty clueless when I bought it (:drool: explorer shape). The set neck construction is something not really seen on guitars in this price range. I have picked this guitar up after leaving it in the case for a week and its still perfectly in tune. one thing I noticed though is that when I pluck the open G string it gives off a really twangy noise thats pretty disgusting (could probably be fixed with the change of the nut). 4/5

Playbility: I dont really know what to say here, its pretty much a matter of comfort and opinion on this one. I prefer the Hamer Standard to the Gibson Explorer because it's more comfortable. N/A

Overall Value: This guitar is definitley worth the price I paid for it and if I lost it I would definitley get a new one. The quality seen in this guitar is amazing for the price range, obviously youre not going to get the highest end of quality but its amazing for under $500. 5/5

Hamer777 fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Nov 14, 2006