Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Shure PSM-200 Wireless In-Ear Monitor System
Price: $443 new from Guitar Center ($499 Regular Price)

Specs

2 XLR/TRS inputs on front
2 XLR/TRS through on rear
Gain control for each input
8 Channel
Wired/Wireless receiver modes
Mono receiver output
Includes Shure SE215 Earbuds
Includes rack mount ears for transmitter
includes T/S instrument cable

Sound 4/5

The sound quality is solid, punchy, not distorted. The buds come with a variety of tips and make easy fitting a breeze.
Good isolation but without the feeling of being disconnected from ambient sound.
The earbuds EASILY outstrip the sound quality of the unit itself, I've been using them with my iPod as well.
Not being able to have a separate mix in each ear is a little bit of a downer, but for the price I really can't complain.

Quality 4/5

The receiver is plastic, which might or might not be a big issue, it feels ok, but compared to my Line6 instrument receiver which is made out of metal, it feels fairly flimsy in comparison.
The cable is utterly worthless. T/S instead of TRS, plastic connector housings. I pulled it from the package, snipped the ends off and tossed the cable into my 'emergency cable repair' box and binned the connectors.

Playability 5/5

I've used it for practice in my studio for the past couple of days and will be using it at my gig this weekend.
I already can't imagine going back to a traditional stage monitor EVER again.
I'm actually considering trading this one back in or selling it and going ahead and moving up to one of the more advanced units (the idea of having a separate mix in each ear is very appealing).

Overall Value - 5/5

A complete Wireless IEM system for $500? Yeah, total value that I couldn't appreciate until I TRIED it out and experienced it myself.
Definite value for the money, one that, at this price point, I can't really find any faults with.
[/quote]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU