Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

_Leviathan_
Jul 12, 2006

by Lowtax
Drum Workshop 5000 Turbo Series Single Bass Drum Pedal:

Quality: 5/5 This thing is built like a tank. I have large feet, and it feels so solid, fast, powerful, and just feels so natural to play, especially with bare feet. Lots of adjustments you can make, and the build quality is top notch.

Usefulness: 5/5 I've always had a pretty fast right foot, but I've never been able to play as well as I do as since I bought this pedal. The beater is pretty heavy, but it makes my strokes more consistent, powerful, extremely fast, and I am able to play doubles, fast singles, and quick bursts effortlessly. It also comes with a bag for gigging, which is awesome. By far the best pedal I've ever used. You need an Allan key to make the beater stay put once you position it, but beyond that it is just so solid and consistent and incredibly playable.

Value: 5/5 I ended up picking up the pedal bag and the pedal for about $225. It isn't the cheapest pedal, but for the quality, reliability, and just the improvement it has made in my playing (my bass drum is the center of my playing, since I play rock and metal for the most part) it is worth every penny.

Overall, can't say enough good things about this pedal. It's a beast, and has made a big difference in my playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU