Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilMoJoJoJo
Dec 9, 2004

ask me about leaving the cult of black metal and bringing jesus into your life

Job 19:17
This is, actually, my favourite film of all time. Forget all that arty stuff, your Citizen Kanes and Godfathers and so on: for me, a more perfect film has never been made.

OK, maybe I went a bit over the top there, but it's true. The first time I saw it, I literally could not believe what I was seeing - the satire is razor sharp (and more relevant today than ever, with its dissection and unwavering examination of the stupidity of censorship, the pointlessness of jingoism and the dangers of blind obedience to the flag). It is the most endlessly quotable film I have ever seen, although having seen it, what, 25? 30? times, I can pretty much recite the script off by heart. It gets better every time I see it.

The songs are fantastic - great choruses, catchy hooks, wicked lyrics. The voice acting is first class, too, with perfectly delivered jokes. The celebrity cameos are hilarious.

And no, I still have no clue who Brian Boitano is, but it doesn't matter.

Voted 5.5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU