Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
I have up to 78 or so, but the last couple dozen need some time in the script editing EZ-bake oven. I've already got the rips done, if someone would like to volunteer. I just haven't had time.
Hopefully CA will get to this point, and make the whole issue moot.
Additionally, it would be helpful to have an LoGH character expert. I ran into some characters with improperly subbed names that aren't even in the official site character encyclopedia (in English or Japanese.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000

quote:

Robot Bastard came out of the closet to say:
Why not see if CA could use your material? If not, let me know. I'll probably have some free time coming up.
Presumably CA has access to the real deal DVD release, right? I haven't been following their releases, since I'm disillusioned. Whenever I see a new sub of episode 001 of LoGH, I say "Oh look, another group that will drop it before episode 35."
Edit: Also, fansubbers HATE it when you offer to help them out.

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
You faggots had better order those jackets, so that we cross the 500 preorder mark, and I can get mine.

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
Sell me the DVD box, and I will sub them.. IN BLOOD.

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
OK, gently caress it. I just ordered the (actual, not bootleg) volumes 15 through 22 from CDJapan.
We've got digisubs up to 54, and volume 15 starts at episode 55. 22 ends with episode 86.
Volumes 15 and 16 are marked as "ships in about 3 weeks", so it may take a while.

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
Hub, back in the mists of time.
I can hook you up, if you'd like.

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
I'll report back when the discs arrive.
Surat has agreed to act as Chief Pedantic Name and Continuity Checker, which is very good news.

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
Dear Defiler,
Thank you for shopping at cdjapan.co.jp.
We shipped your order today by "EMS".
It is expected to be delivered in 3-6 days.
Ordered Items
================================
BBBA-4015
Animation/Galaxy Hero Legend Vol.15Vol.15
DVD 1 x 5300 yen 2004/04/23 release
BBBA-4016
Animation/Galaxy Hero Legend Vol.16Vol.16
BBBA-4017
Animation/Galaxy Hero Legend Vol.17Vol.17
BBBA-4018
Animation/Galaxy Hero Legend Vol.18Vol.18
BBBA-4019
Animation/Galaxy Hero Legend Vol.19Vol.19
DVD 1 x 5300 yen 2004/05/28 release
BBBA-4020
Animation/Galaxy Hero Legend Vol.20Vol.20
BBBA-4021
Animation/Galaxy Hero Legend Vol.21Vol.21
BBBA-4022
Animation/Galaxy Hero Legend Vol.22Vol.22

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
Space Opera GET!

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
I'm mostly done subbing episode 55, but I'm tied up with my current crazy car audio project. Hopefully I'll find time to finish it this weekend.

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
OK.. Jesus.. Anyone have an opinion on this?
同盟駐在帝国高等弁務官

"doumei chuuzai teikoku koutoubenmukan"
I'm going to translate that title as:
"Imperial High Commissioner-In-Residence, High Admiral Helmut Lennenmampf"
Am I far off? There's some fuckin' dense language in this show.

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
Yeah, he's been assigned as 'viceroy' of the Alliance; the scene takes place on Heinessen.

Also, while we're here.. Franz von Mariendorf has a scene earlier on Odin (capital of the Empire), and his title is given as:
国務尚書 (kokumu naoga??)
..which I've managed to extract "Provisional Secretary of State" from.. but I might be wrong. He's just finished arranging a banquet, so maybe it's more like "Secretary for State Affairs"?

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
There is some loving hard dialogue in this show. I had to listen to one of Yang's lines like 120 times to figure it out.
"tei no ii sa wa shumon da na"
体の良いさは宗門だな

..which I'm going to interpret as "Looking good is like a religion for you."

Defiler fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 3, 2005

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
Aah, Alex-chan.. you sure can give a loving obscure toast:
独身生活10年で悟りえぬ事が
1週間の結婚生活で悟れるものさ。
良き哲学者の誕生を期待しよう。

"Things that take a bachelor ten years to figure out require only one week of married life."
"Here's hoping for the birth of a good philosopher."

wtf

Defiler fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 4, 2005

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
Anyone want to help me do QA?
The subs are still chopped into more individual elements than I like; unfortunately getting that right is time-consuming.
http://raspberryheaven.net/~adtrw/torrents/logh_55_test.torrent
Do not list this on TokyoTosho or similar sites, just in case there are errors.

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
Oh, I forgot to mention.. the encode is at the original 720x480 resolution; you will need to tell your media player to fit it to 4:3.
I flagged the MKV file with the proper aspect ratio, but only a few video players 'respect' it. Odds are that you'll need to click some menu option to make it look right.

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
Hokuto and Surat have both made some good tweaks; I'll link up a new script sometime soon, probably tomorrow. Still recovering from the Manowar concert I went to yesterday.

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
I have the restored DVDs up to episode 86 (volume 22).
I'd be happy to provide high quality raws to CA. Anyone have a contact?
Proof: http://hellninjacommando.com/adtrw/logh_dvds.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
By the way.. the restored versions do have the name overlays. They're just on a subtitle track (which is great, because it makes them easy to translate in bulk.)

I'm irritated that CA doesn't translate the overlays, actually. They almost always have extra information in them that isn't in the English/German text alongside.