Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

About the main series, am I the only one who felt really bad for Lebello?

The man wasn't a saint in life or politics but he tried to make things work and took the chairman's position when nobody else wanted it. And when there's finally a decent man in the chair nobody else of talent and worth is willing to even give him the time of day, they're just enjoying their quiet retirement while things go to hell around them. I didn't feel joy seeing him put through the humiliation conga during Yang's escape, I just wished it was someone more deserving of that treatment.

Then during the second invasion he has a breakdown and he still keeps the top job because nobody else wants it. He sobers up just in time to get an ad-hoc firing-squad, and is only shown one last time lying in state.

I dunno. He didn't do everything right but he tried when no one else was willing to, despite the Alliance being pretty much a lost cause by that point. Better than Sidney "gently caress all y'all I'm outta here" Sitolet anyway.

But maybe that's just the Poli Sci major in me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

None yet.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Exmond posted:

Edit:

Holy crap they made this into a Strategy game? I need to own this game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf57myMJKyg

It's pretty good.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

DMM game's out.

Looks Kantai as gently caress. Music's good.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

There's 3 chapters of a translated manga for this now and its really epic.

Speaking of pointless gender-swaps, is this the one that had Rubinski as a bald woman and also served as the basis for the bad movie?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Baloogan posted:

I wrote this up over in cspam

Very nice. What about Lebello?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Poor poor Lebello. He tries so hard.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Fivemarks posted:

The FPA absolutely had a chance to end the war after Yang captured Iserlohn though.

They definitely had a chance to keep a favorable stalemate (if they stayed vigilant with Phezzan's neutrality) but I don't remember any talk of peace.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, the very even back and forth of those early fights were my favourite parts of the show.

The show stayed great, but the whole feeling of the galaxy on the edge of a knife never quite came back after Vermillion.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

RubricMarine posted:

he's much more enjoyable in the anime, you hate the guy like five minutes into the books because you get access to the thoughts in his head which just make him out to be a massive jackass

Do share...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Takes No Damage posted:

I'm overdue for a rewatch, but didn't Reinhard joke-offer him a position in the new regime assuming he wouldn't be so shameless as to readily accept a job in his enemy's government and instead Trunicht lapped it up immediately?

As an excuse to not offer him anything else in the future, yes.