Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Num Lock
Apr 2, 2003
LOGH is simply the best anime I have ever seen. Thank god someone has gotten around to subbing it. They are also the only show were I have ever seen the "Fighting Pacifist" bit done well and in fact Yang Wendi is totally loving awesome.

When he takes out those defense satellites by ramming them with ice balls at near light speed velocities, my face was exactly like the faces of the guys in the "Revolutionary council" or whatever they called themselves. Totally owned. My favorite moment in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Num Lock
Apr 2, 2003
Something about the ED makes me think that everybody dies.

I also wonder how you can become a fighter pilot at age 15, the alliance must have been hard up for manpower if they were using childern.

Num Lock
Apr 2, 2003

Man of Wax posted:

I don't think that was the regular ED. Just Julian looking at the photo album from the wedding.

Well the two exiled Imperial Soliders and that new girl are in the photos, so they couldn't be from the wedding.

Num Lock
Apr 2, 2003
Just watched 60, and from the episode and the sad seeming ending I half though this episode was going to end in Yang getting gunned down after an ill-thought out attempt by his wife to free him. That’s how I would have done it anyway; this series doesn't have enough tragedy in my opinion.

So what does "Piyo-Piyo" mean anyway?

Num Lock
Apr 2, 2003

Robot Bastard posted:

edit: Here's something I was wondering...did the Imperials order that the Alliance fleet discharge all the women in service? I notice that the Imperial fleet is all guys (although it's not as though the Alliance fleet is full of women, either.)

Well sofar all we have seen of the Alliance fleet post surrender is a handfull of guys, hardly a repersentive sample. But I wouldn't put it past the Imperials to do something like that.

Num Lock
Apr 2, 2003

Uberfrog posted:

http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Legend of Galactic Heroes Episode 61 - Central Anime.avi.torrent

It seems that in the distant future, centuries from now, Wagner operas will still be popular :q:

At least it an't gritty future Punk/Rave were everybody ether looks like they are about to fight the predator, or fell into a vat of hair dye, random computer parts, glitter and glue.

Edit: Only three more hours to go!!

Num Lock fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jan 18, 2006

Num Lock
Apr 2, 2003

Specineff posted:

Well, the action is certainly starting to pick up! [ep 61]Does anyone else think that Shenkopp's little speach about preserving individual human rights is a tad hypocritical, considering he's killed about a dozen people in the past 24 hours? I realize that his threats are bluffs, but it really seems that the only rights he cares about are Yang's. Not that that would be out of character, it just bothered me a little bit.

I don't see anything hypocritical about killing people and preaching about individual rights. If you were talking about non-violent resistance then yeah. Should we even be spoilering this since its an episode that was released?

Edit: That was an awsome episode, and the next looks to be even better

Num Lock fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 18, 2006

Num Lock
Apr 2, 2003
Attenborough's pirate cosutme was awsome and he should wear that as his offical uniform from now on.

Num Lock
Apr 2, 2003
Ok that was a cool episode, and why the hell is this thread so slow. I bet its the lack of Giant Robots...

Num Lock
Apr 2, 2003

Man of Wax posted:

Julian is super-boy or something. He's really smart, a natural pilot and gunslinger, handsome, and, apparently, a very capable fighter. I wouldn't be surprised if he has his own command by age 18 and single-handedly destroys an entire imperial fleet.

This is why I can't belive that they are not going to kill off Yang or otherwise remove him from the series so that Julian can take over as the main character.

Num Lock
Apr 2, 2003
El Facile was an alliance planet that was conquered by the Imperials back when Yang was a Lieutenant or something. The Alliance evidently felt that the planet wasn't worth defending so the Alliance military was withdrawing from the planet. Yang is the "Hero of El Facile" because he helped thousands of citizens evacuate before the Imperials showed up.

Given that history it's little wonder that the planet would declare it's independence from both the Alliance and the Empire. They probably chose now of all times because they expect Yang to come help them out.

Num Lock
Apr 2, 2003
I doubt that Rheinhard is actually gay, but probably has the warrior mentally that things other than warfare, or softer pursuits (like women) make men weak. It wouldn't be surprising considering the warrior culture of the Empire.

No wonder then that there is so much fighting, too much boot stomping and not enough boot knocking.

Num Lock
Apr 2, 2003

Robot Bastard posted:

Catching up on The Series So Far...

#89: This really should not have been so horrendously out-of-character. There's a lot of tragedy and grandeur in this story, and it isn't well-served by turning the Emperor Of The Whole Galaxy into a shoujo-manga teenager.

Women are way out of his experience, considering that we have never seen any women in the Imperial Military and he spent most of his life in the fleet its not surprising that the Emperor of the Galaxy is a doofus when it comes to women. Now if she was an enemy fleet he would have sunk her battleship if you catch my drift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Num Lock
Apr 2, 2003

Robot Bastard posted:

Easy on the loving SPOILERS, PEOPLE, JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY.

Yang coming back as a evil cyborg built by the Terranists was spoiled on 4chan, so this episode is old news.