Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Best bros forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
What if the budget is big enough to hire white actors who can actually act

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I would personally keep expectations in check. As much as I liked Three Body Problem (and seem to be alone in feeling this way in TVIV) I have to admit the production value was on Doctor Who levels, where the made-for-tv quality was a charming sort of cheap. And that was a very highly anticipated show

Any daydreams of HBO money should be nipped in the bud

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 11, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I loved the Three Kingdoms tv show and enjoyed a few other historical epic type Chinese shows, but I’ve never seen any sci fi from there. Excited regardless, though it’ll be very weird not hearing Japanese from the characters.

What’s it called

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Which ones did you not care for? Let’s compare notes

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
there’s also the occasional moment where the episode starts during the opening credits, with the title getting in the way

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Question of the week

There are two episodes going over the History of the World

The stories are fascinating but it’s hard for me to figure out what relevance they have other than the sections about Rudolph Goldenbaum and Ale Heinessen. Is there any nugget of insight to be gained from learning about the history of space exploration and space pirates?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Ok, duh, seems obvious now

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Can’t remember what Mecklinger was like in battle, just that he tried teaching the other admirals about art and they got bored

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

TenementFunster posted:

in the last ep, julian said Trunicht was secretly working to restore democracy by "working within the system" didn't he?

Amazing

The deeds of men remain the same

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Stairmaster posted:

still a bitch tho

Redundant with anyone who says they’re “working within the system for good”

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Who is the show’s Kissinger

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Oberstein was a monster but would also take a bullet for something he believed in

Kissinger might be spread out across several people. Commit secret war crimes like Oberstein. Say anything just to keep his job like Trunicht. Play sides against each other like Rubinsky

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Dr Lorre as Oberstein

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
You might be thinking of Ralph, who looks like Wile but has a red nose and clocks in to work trying to kill sheep

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Schoenkopf is hard to nail down because he’s 50/50 Taz and Pepe

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

TenementFunster posted:

i can imagine oberstein doing everything in this fancam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIJkBMGjkEI

Welp I’m eating my words. Somehow this got erased from my memory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but those look like the 2000’s remaster that had some reanimated scenes