Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

froobly
Sep 12, 2003

These are my awards, Mother. From Army. The seal is for marksmanship, and the gorilla is for sand racing!
To be fair, there are only 29 episodes to be downloaded so far.

Lohengramm is Hitler. Discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

froobly
Sep 12, 2003

These are my awards, Mother. From Army. The seal is for marksmanship, and the gorilla is for sand racing!
I personally think that while Oberstein is truly ruthless, it's starting to rub off on Lohengramm, and Lohengramm's starting to just use his dream as an excuse to be a Machiavellian prince. But there's a lot more to see, so I'll shut up for now.

froobly
Sep 12, 2003

According to the Central Anime board, 33 and 34 should be following shortly. I can hardly wait.

Oh yeah, and the entire point of this post is to keep this thread from being pruned.

froobly
Sep 12, 2003

I love both ending sequences, the first a little more. I wanted to do them for karaoke, but the places I've been have only had the opening songs, which I don't particularly like. So instead I sing them when I'm in the bathroom :(

froobly
Sep 12, 2003

quote:

Robot Bastard came out of the closet to say:
Un-written addendum: "please don't quit on us guys we'll have the next episode up really REALLY SOON i SWEAR TO GOD i MEAN IT THIS TIME unlike the other 34,782 times DON'T STOP DOWNLOADING ps Touch! eps 402-478 are out now"

Dude. It's episode 101. The last loving episode of Touch. You do not denigrate the last loving episode of an awesome series because you are incapable of waiting two more days for an episode you've already been waiting the better part of a year for.

And really, what part of

quote:

Heibi came out of the closet to say
We are at the mercy of our translation checker who has a previous commitment. When he is done with that he will send us his corrections and more LOGH will follow. Never rush the translator/or checker.

and

quote:

Heibi came out of the closet to say
I do have some LoGH to release in June once I actually make the translation corrections I received from Hiro. And once we hit the mystic number 60 in translation corrections, everything will go faster.

sounds like, "oh hey, we'll have new episodes for you tomorrow!"

froobly
Sep 12, 2003

quote:

Spazzle came out of the closet to say:
LOGH 35 out

http://a.scarywater.net/ca/logh%20eps%2035%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(a22ac27e)%20.avi.torrent

I think I just came.

froobly
Sep 12, 2003

Xy Hapu posted:

CA's 53

:ultramon: That could be one of the most jawdropping denouements I've ever seen in anime. I mean, just where the hell do we go from here!?

I wonder just how Lohengramm's gonna rule the Alliance planets. Iron fist or benevolent dictatorship? It's obvious Yang's preparing for the worst, and Merkatz's force is certainly a gun on the table as far as the plot's concerned. But Lohengramm tends to follow the Henry V example and be very careful with conquered territory. I guess Reuental and Mittermeier will stage a coup and become tyrants? It's the only way I can think of for the Returners angle to play out.

edit: catchphrase removed
edit2: substance added

froobly fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Nov 14, 2005

froobly
Sep 12, 2003

Long live Season 2. Does this mean we get a new OP/ED?

Watching the coronation scene, I couldn't help but think, "Reinhardt, you've conquered the loving universe. What are you planning next, you greedy jerk?" Earlier, Reinhardt was pondering the idea of forcing Yang to become a governor somewhere. I wonder if this bears any fruit, or if he's just planning to let him lead his quiet retirement until he leads his underground army to overthrow the oppressive dictatorship.

froobly
Sep 12, 2003

Probably just watching the episode.

Boy, they weren't kidding when they said "cascades of blood."

froobly
Sep 12, 2003

I like where things are going.

Now what's this with El Facile? I mean, that came out of loving nowhere. Isn't that where Yang and Lohengramm had their big showdown in the pre-series OAVs? As in, "The Hero of El Facile?" I have to watch those OAVs again, and see if I can figure out why El Facile in particular might rebel.

I also like how Lohengramm's not taking Severus', I mean, Oberstein's poo poo so lightly anymore.

Anyway, I'm glad this show still manages to give me a reason to watch it after all the initial conflicts have paid off. It's not Dragon Ball, where the story ends and the writer pulls another one out of his rear end, and it's not Monster, where the writer doesn't resolve anything until the very end, and then hastily at that.

froobly
Sep 12, 2003

It sort of got me at the end, how Katerose gets crossed off the list. At first, I thought, "yay, she'll be alright, and Attenborough gets his chance!" And then I thought, "oh wait, that means the guy we're really rooting for, Julian, doesn't get his."

I like how this show plays with your emotions like that. Hell, I've even felt for whatsisname the President of the Alliance, and he's supposed to be a spineless jerk.

froobly
Sep 12, 2003

Raskolnikov posted:

So far I've watched half an episode and this looks quite good. Thanks a lot for the thread.

One problem I've had with this show is that you have to be in a sort of zone for it. If you're ADD like I am, the sheer awesome portrayed in some scenes is so distracting that you stop paying attention for a minute or so, at which point you have no idea what's going on and have to run it back. I tend to have the same problem with Gundam, though, so take it as you will.

froobly
Sep 12, 2003

Zap Branigan posted:

Just finished the first 4 episodes. its a bit hard to keep track of all the charecters but i am vastly entertained by this.

This is both one of the show's greatest strengths and greatest weaknesses. The cast is enormous, but there are few, if any throwaway characters. Especially at the beginning, every single character you meet is going to play a pivotal role in the series. You'll get to know these people, and you'll get confused as gently caress when someone whose name you can't remember for the life of you ends up saving the day.

I'll just say, as far as the minor characters in the beginning, keep your eye on Bucock and Merkatz. They're both pretty peripheral in the beginning, but they kick more rear end than a person ought to be allowed.

froobly
Sep 12, 2003

Robot Bastard posted:

Or you might just have seen this before..."LoGH" and Central Anime have both been around since forever. (Although it's kind of ironic that of all the early-nineties fansubber groups, CA is the one that survived, given that they were the butt of many a grammar joke.)

You sure you're not thinking of Arctic Animation? Their subs were comically bad, but I thought CA was always solid. The only thing CA had problems with was that whole drama between them and Tomodachi Anime. Apparently, CA was unsatisfied with Tomodachi's progress, and resubbed it... using THEIR scripts as a base. Oops. Karen Duffy, from Tomodachi, wrote a really melodramatic response to the whole thing, threatening to leave fansubbing altogether.

Good times :sigh:

froobly
Sep 12, 2003

Episode 81

And no, I have not watched the preview.

It was kind of surreal, though, to see the entire staff of Iserlohn just sleeping in place. Does that kind of thing ever really happen in the military? Is there any precedent for this, or did the writer just think it would be a funny image?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

froobly
Sep 12, 2003

Dantes posted:

Your dreams have been fullilled. Episode 82

:monocle:

I don't know how I'm gonna get through tomorrow knowing this is here.