Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I finally made myself some time and watched the first episode.

Are all 100+ episodes as good as the first one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Reinhardt is never really in control of his empire. He's a brilliant strategist, and a genius at commanding loyalty, but the show never shows him govern much beyond removing obstructionist nobility. As soon as he does so industrial and business interests almost immediately fill the void.

The people who accumulate power under Reinhardt aren't the admirals like Oskar von Reuenthal, they're administrators and managers like Bruno Silberberch.

As far as anyone wins, it's Fezzan.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 19, 2020

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
China's produced a lot of good live action scifi recently. I could see it being good.

Maybe not justice to the original 100+ episode series good, but no movie is accomplishing that.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
If it's a change made only a decade ago odds are any given psychiatrist doesn't know or doesn't care.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
always love it when the imperials also have a super powerful orb they hover around

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

TenementFunster posted:

my only beef with eps 90-96 so far is that no way would 3,500,000 dudes stick with Reuenthal against the rest of the Empire

tbh I try real hard to ignore whenever the show gives hard numbers because I swear there are times where Wen-li will lose a quarter of his ships after a long engagement only to end up with more than he started with

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

TenementFunster posted:

anyway, let me know when man of wax and the rest of the raspberry heaven crew drops by the thread again. i told them on SADCHUB that i'd finish LOGH eventually, so i'm ready to chat about it now.

jesus that sent me back in time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Instead of Wile, give Oberstein the Egghead Jr. treatment. Completely stonefaced as other characters read intentions into his atrocities.