Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Starting this today. I've heard enough about it and I know the recommendation thread is all abuzz so I thought I'd post a question. I just finished the first episode, and I was wondering if all the people we're introduced to (names appearing on the screen) become focuses of episodes at some point or does the show have a tendancy to highlight names of people we never really see that much of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Oh nice, was going to ask if the books were translated. Also is there another streaming service that has this show? I don't want to pay CR to get the latest episode but I don't want to be a week behind :ohdear:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Would their site work with a chrome cast? Or is that not an option for you?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

No I'm right there with you, it's the weirdest "deal breaker" but when it comes to hooking my pc up to a tv with just an HDMI cable I get incredibly apathetic.

Has anyone gone the audiobook route for the books? I just noticed audible has them up there and was curious. I wouldn't mind reading them but I have lots more time to go through material if it's audiobook format.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Finally going through the original series, for real this time. Never made it past episode 3 or 4 before but I really want to experience the series. I'm on 6,and Greenhill is telling yang about when he saved her as a teen. The flashback animation is noticeably different, is that a recurring thing in the show?

Edit: did Schonkopf just wear a full face mask that only adds a mustache? The sheer genius of it all!

Kingtheninja fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Aug 29, 2018

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Is it only on crunchy? I know funimation has the first season but I'm not seeing the second one on there.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Raising this thread up to say 1) I'm going through die neue these, 2) I'm after that I'm picking up where I left off in the old series (after iserlohn, some old imperial burns his house down trying to kill people?) and 3) because I'm loving this poo poo and because of covid I'm considering the books if they're still up on Amazon.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Alright finished DNT and breezed through the original content up to that point. Just watched the episode following it and man I hope we get another season, would love to see Updated Julian space fight.

I will say it's a bit rough coming from DNT and going into the older series. I can recognize most of the faces and names but some older designs have me clueless ( reinhard's admiral with the mustache and balding dark hair).

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

My God I'm so nervous watching the geiersburg/iserlohn battle and its only episode 32ish! How is there 80 more episodes of this?!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"Alcohol is humanity's friend. Can I really abandon my friend?"

Stay gold, wen-li. Onto episode 40!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

My good lord where is this campaign headed?!

I thought Julian was just going to disappear for a while but now phezzan is occupied and he'll have to escape or lead a resistance! WHY IS THIS SO AWESOME. episode 43 spoilers.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Episode 53 ARRRRRRGGGGGG! He was right loving there! Just say you slipped and push a button to blow that ship up! I will say the empire is an entertaining bad guy, but trunhit and his earth church just piss me off so much more. I hope this immediately diverts to pirate captain Merkatz adventures.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Angry Lobster posted:

There's only one true space pirate captain in this show, wait ten episodes or so and you'll see what I mean.

I did not think you were being so literal! What a loving show.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Ep. 68 Yang: we're going to recapture iserlohn fortress.

Schenkopp: ah poo poo, here we go again.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

So I'm around episode 74 I think, and I'm getting really nervous. Yang and the gang seem to be stuck essentially. I'm not sure how he's going to manage a defense of facil and iserlohn, let alone expand from there. Thankfully reinhard is dealing with reuenthal but at this point I just don't want my fun space crew to die :ohdear:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

God dammit. gently caress you episode 82. I need a drink.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Okay, some thoughts: It was heartbreaking, especially the way he just kind of talks to himself as he's slowly dying. loving brutal. Julian butchering the group that shows up, insane. But it was so well done. This is a top ten show for me, and I'll be blazing through the rest of it for sure.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Thought I'd lost a little wind in my sails for watching this show, then I got into the 90's and hooooly poo poo let's ride this loving train!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Nine of Eight posted:

We’re getting more Neue These people! :toot:

https://myanimelist.net/news/60714731

Yesssss. Though I'll have to rewatch from the beginning. I went from neue these to the original so I've totally forgotten what the new character models look like.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

The new one is actually pretty good about most of what you're worried about, also it has the best OP theme yet.

That OP loving jams.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Looks like De Neue These is back in March, they're doing three movies over 3 months. Presumably we'll get episodes out of that next fall maybe?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-03-18/crunchyroll-adds-legend-of-the-galactic-heroes-die-neue-these-season-3-anime/.183740

So I guess the season three episodes are out already? Didn't think we'd see them till October.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Clarification came out that the new 24 episodes will be split into two parts. The movies and episodes for the back half are coming out in the fall. So glad we're getting more and more logh.

Edit: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-05-12/legend-of-the-galactic-heroes-die-neue-these-anime-gets-4th-season/.185624

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm waiting for the years episodes to finish up before rewatching it all. I watched season one and two of the remake before binging the while original series so I'd like to go back and watch it all again.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

They're doing another 12 or 13 right? I haven't watched any of the stuff from this year, gotta track it down and get started.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Really wish the blu rays for de neue weren't so loving expensive. Would love to add it to my physical media collection but don't want to pay 50+ bucks for 12 episodes.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Not sure if anyone else is picking up blu rays for DNT but the first volume is almost the cheapest it's been, 30 bucks on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LG1CBH5?ref_=cm_sw_r_apann_dp_1X1WPMZESNQ94GEW77G8

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I haven't watched the last two seasons of DNT, where did they leave off?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Amazon had DNT season 3 for I think 28 bucks this morning, it's the cheapest price for it since the release.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I haven't watched the 3rd or 4th season (I want to wait for more to come out and plow through) but the first two seasons are good. My only real complaint would the be the character designs feeling too samey. But they could be my brain trying to attach the original series looks to the new show.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

More DNT!
https://anitrendz.net/news/2023/11/05/legend-of-the-galactic-heroes-die-neue-these-sequel-announced/

Nothing other than a "it's happening" but still good news. It does say something about season 4 airing in Japan in January but I thought that already happened last year?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah it's really confusing, but I think every "season" starts off as three movies and gets turned into a 12 episode run afterwards. I haven't been keep close track (I want to get more DNT episodes out before I rewatch) but I thought both season 3 and 4 had their 12 episode run last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah the dub is passable from what I remember. I don't think it's going to blow anyone away, but for modern anime dubbing it's good.

Unfortunately, I think the last time I tried to look up info on the season 4 dub people were saying the voice director stated they weren't dubbing the show anymore.

Which is weird and a huge bummer, dropping a show in the middle like that.