Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster
I refuse to let this thread die. Anyway, thank you for pointing out such an excellent anime. I am downloading the first few eps right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster
I'm only, like, three episodes in (downloaded through eight but haven't had time to see them yet), but so far this macro applies:

Guess I've been spoiled by all the other shows I've been watching that center on girls (School Rumble, Elfen Lied, etc).
Edit: Oh, and look, it's Bush lol

And if I ever become a dictator, I am so getting me one of these:

evilsake fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Dec 21, 2004

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster

quote:

Man of Wax came out of the closet to say:
Yes, Legend of Galactic Heroes is full of men. Who cares. In case you hadn't noticed, militaries tend to be male dominated institutions. Other heavy military shows like Gundam et al. and Macross have women in them, but none are so serious as LoGH. They are military lite.
Yeah, I know, just felt like pointing it out. The show is still very much excellent. Just got to the part where Yang captures the space fortress. Awesome stuff. To lighten things up, here are some more suggestive screencaps!

:eng101: Totally taking a conversation out of context is fun! Anyway, I'm gonna stop spamming the thread with images now.

evilsake fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Dec 21, 2004

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster
I just got to the episode where Kircheis dies. This series is easily the best thing I've watched in years, and all should see it.

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster
That is the most beautiful thing I've seen all week.

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster
Someone please please please confirm this.

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster

Hildgrim posted:

As I was re-watching this with my friends, I felt a strange annoyance against the "THAT man" speech they have all the time. I have only seen the first four episodes again, can someone remind me and say if that continues throughout the series?

Up to episode fifty, no. I don't even remember it from the beginning. Really, the mystery tends to be how a person will react to something or whether a plan will work rather than "THAT man/thing/whatever" stuff.

Edit: I have a question as well. Do land fights ever get any better? Most of them exept for the Iserlorn Fortress capture just look really awkward. They also tend to suffer from the "Storm Trooper" complex of people shooting down straight halls and missing hand to hand attackers.

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster

Man of Wax posted:

They are pretty drat visceral though, which is cool.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Then came the space battle in 51, which started slow with people catching fire and getting sucked out into space, then progressed into blinded men missing limbs colliding with eachother (one of whom fell onto exposed wiring and gets electrocuted), neatly segued into a guy holding his exposed guts and other organs in his hands while vomitting blood, and finally ended with a guy crawling on the floor since his legs are gone, leaving a trail of blood and intestines while crying for him mother.

Man, Star Trek never had any of that :wth:

Edit: Oh cool, a guy getting his face melted off and burning, impaled bodies everywhere. :wtc: was the change in management that resulted in this episode? I'm not complaining, though, it really complements the plot and isn't done just for the sake of it.

evilsake fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Mar 19, 2006

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster
I was afraid they were just going to do the classis masse suicide charge for glory, but no, they really mauled the poo poo out of Lohengramm's boys.

Man of Wax posted:

I'm not sure about a patch, but you might be able to use an image like this and make a T-shirt. I might make an avatar of that if it's still readable when shrunken down. LoGH avatars would be a good idea.

Do you mind if I request a vector of that in the wallpaper thread? I think it'd make a great background.

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster

Man of Wax posted:

I don't own it or anything so you don't need my permission. Sounds like a good idea.

Oh, I know you don't own it, I just wanted to make sure not to interfere with any plans to make the same request.

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster

SeedyV posted:

The booklet is pretty nifty too, I'll see if I can scan it if anyone is interested.

I'd love to see it :)

On a related note, how much LoGH stuff in print is out there? Was their a manga (or one made after)?

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster

Uberfrog posted:

Every day a new LoGH episode is released is like Christmas.

Because it only comes once a year? :xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster
The only problem I really had with how the show ended was the way some of the minor plot lines got wrapped up. I'm thinking stuff like "hey remember that missing heir well he died off camera" and Rubinsky going out through some mystery malady with only a petty swipe at the victors to see him off. Otherwise I don't really have any complaints about the last season.