Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Yeesh, the collectors box is large enough to house my cat. Guess it's time to start a rewatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Bongo Bill posted:

I believe what happened is the masters were damaged between the LD and DVD releases, so they were redrawn out of necessity and can't be rereleased except in the form of an LD rip.

And there is the occasional scene that was barely recognizable on the LDs.

Mederlock posted:

This talk made me go and check out how available the LD's are on eBay and whatnot and :staredog: . They fetch a high price...

Also I came across this absolute steal of a deal lol

Special Collector's edition BluRay set

I'm glad I got that set, it's extremely nice, but not $4k nice.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

It's been awhile, but I remember Golden Wings being a recap of the series and so not being something to watch in advance.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

eXXon posted:

Does it make sense to watch Sea of Stars and Overture to a New War, then Neue These? I don't really want to go through the whole 110 episodes again let alone suggest it to someone else but ~my wife~ might be convinced to try Neue These.

The change in animation style is enough I wouldn't bother switching like that. Just stay with DNT and go back to the old stuff if you want more after.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

chiasaur11 posted:

Still dead.

I didn't even know he was sick.