Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jesus Rocket
Apr 25, 2003
I liked this movie. I'm a big Anderson fan, although I don't think I've ever seen Rushmore in one sitting. The Life Aquatic was very different from his other movies. As was stated before, the comedy in this movie is not nearly as subtle as his other works. Anderson's style is still there and still very much enjoyable.

My main problem is that this movie dragged on. I know it as only a little over 2 hours, but it felt closer to 3. Maybe it was because I expected them to set out and 30 minutes later there would be some huge great shark battle. I think they could have cut some things out, even though it's hard to think to things they could of cut. I still thought that this was a great movie and was very funny. This includes that singing/guitar playing black guy, which was not liked by the other people I saw the movie with. My favotie part was the "Does this look fake?" moment and Steve pulls a gun out of nowhere.

Overall, I thought this movie was different from Anderson's other movies, but was recognizable and was still very funny. 4.5/5

Jesus Rocket fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 29, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU