Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I didn't go into this knowing it was a Wes film, and saw it spur of the moment.

I thought the juxtaposition (INDIE WORD ALERT) of the non-human life and the weirdness of the people on board trying to find their places was great. I thought the Cinemetography did just as good a job of telling the story as the characters did.

Mothersbaugh and Bowie teaming up on anything musically peaks my interest, although the guitarist as a plot device did get a little old.

All in all, this is the best movie I've seen in a while. Some scenes had me laughing very out of place Fold. but other than that, it flowed VERY well for a long movie. And I normally hate the faux-artsy, too.

4.5/5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU