Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!
This was the first Wes Anderson film I have seen and I was impressed with the visual style and the camera work. I loved WATCHING the movie but I didn't really enjoy the movie as a whole. I felt kind of weird at the end of the film because it was so different from any other movie that I've ever seen. This movie is more surreal than most films and requires that you suspend disbelief at the door.

As a side note, it might be easier to enjoy the movie for what it is if you see it with your "smart" friends. I watched it with my girlfriend who is a fan of movies like "Princess Diaries" and "Legally Blonde" so I didn't get the benefit of thoughtful discussion after the movie let out. I will watch this again with a different crowd and see what kind of taste the movie leaves in my mouth.

3/5 (Bill Murray was a solid 4, he was a very lovable rear end in a top hat in this film.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU