Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F'Nog
Jul 21, 2001

quote:

Leyburn came out of the closet to say:
For example they get sent to find the POV gun in order to obtain coordinates for their Improbability Drive from John Malkovitch’s character. However when they get the gun all they do is shoot each other with it for a while (leading to some of the most cringe-worthy dialogue ever when Trillian shoots Beeblebrox with it). In the next scene containing these characters they are all inexplicably in Arthur’s kitchen having dinner with no explanation of how or why they went there. The gun is then used to escape the Vogon’s but they never bother resolving Beeblebrox’s missing head or those coordinates he seemed to want.
At the end of the scene where they shoot each other with the POV gun and door opens and they're engulfed in a blinding white light. When they appear in the house I'm pretty sure Ford's first line explains that the pan-dimensional beings brought them there..

Overall I liked it, if anything it was worth it for the knitting improbability drive scene with Arthur throwing up wool. It entertained me for two hours which is all I was expecting. The Vogons were really well done and the little bits relating it back to the TV series were a nice touch. Also, Mos Def was an awesome Ford Prefect. Run! He's got a towel!

Giving it 5.0/5.5 in anticipation of knitted Marvin plush toys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU