Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roshi
Sep 25, 2002

Somebody from CC wasted $10 on a guy who does not give a shit what they think, so I'm re-purposing it because I'm too lazy to come up with another one.

quote:

Leyburn came out of the closet to say:
Went to see this with my dad yesterday and I think we both agreed that it was totally mediocre at best.

The whole thing seems to rush from one scene to another with no real reason for doing so which makes the whole experience very disorienting and confusing. The film comes up with reasons for forcing the characters to go certain places and do certain things but never actually seems to resolve anything.

For example they get sent to find the POV gun in order to obtain coordinates for their Improbability Drive from John Malkovitch’s character. However when they get the gun all they do is shoot each other with it for a while (leading to some of the most cringe-worthy dialogue ever when Trillian shoots Beeblebrox with it). In the next scene containing these characters they are all inexplicably in Arthur’s kitchen having dinner with no explanation of how or why they went there. The gun is then used to escape the Vogon’s but they never bother resolving Beeblebrox’s missing head or those coordinates he seemed to want.

PROS: Some hilarious scenes and fairly enjoyable to watch.
CONS: Confusing plot, awkward pacing, forced ‘wackyness’ and a terrible tacked on love subplot.
I agree with alot of this review. Basically he said what I want to say.

I think that whole section is strange you talk about is strange, but also that at the end they just all fly off without getting Zaphod's head back to Havu Cavula which meant that they did not tie up a huge major plot point, which they did in other versions. This knocks the movie down alot.
I though the best parts of were the opening song(I can't get it out of my head) and the infamous "The answer is 42" scene. Overall most of the film was very with very few of the orignal jokes and stuff falling flat. The love sub-plot fell flat and trite. I'd also say the best "actor" was the Guide's narrator.

Rating 3/5
Pros and Cons: See above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU