Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3mo is the key 2 life
Jul 11, 2003
Hitchhiker's Guide is one of my favorite books, but Douglas Adams would have to look up 'Plot' in a dictionary to figure out what it was, and that just doesn't translate into a movie, or at least not into the kind of movie this tried to be. For what it's worth, they gave a valiant effort at trying to come up with motivations and reasonings for characters who have no motivation or reasoning, and they succeeded...but that's what makes the movie pale in comparison to the book.

I can't say I liked the movie but I can't say I hated it either. I wish I could somehow have the experience of seeing the movie without reading the book just to see how it holds up on it's own merits, rather than trying to compare it to what I've imagined all these years. All in all, I think they did the best they could at filming an unfilmable movie.

3/5

Also Marvin was exactly how I didn't picture him and it was a constant distraction. For all the great puppetry and effects, Marvin looked terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU