Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
I've read the book several times and I must say this movie is high in the running for worst movie I have ever seen. Read the books, but don't quite remember it all? Confused that you don't recognize much besides the characters and general locales? That's because NONE of the dialogue or humor or even the poo poo that happens in the movie, save the Hitchhiker's Guide clips, maybe three lines of dialogue and the deal with the sperm whale, are truly from the book at all. All the funny dialogue and narration has been gutted and replaced with cheap laughs and poppy filth. It's like the book was given a witectomy and shat out with a twist of lemon. If Douglas Adams had actually written it like the movie, none of us would have read it. Because it's garbage.

The Hitchhiker's Guide clips, which are very well done, and the few (like 2) moments that escaped from the book unscathed are as a pinch of sugar on a giant steaming turd.

I had low expectations to begin with, but GOD drat. As Marvin said: "It's incredible, it's worse than I expected."

0.5/5

It only takes an hour longer to read the book, I suggest you do that. And stay far, far away from this film.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 11, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU