Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

team-killer
Jul 5, 2004

by Fistgrrl
This movie was very true to the books, which I think was a problem. I read the book(s) a long time ago and watching this movie made me realize that the book really wasn't that funny after all. The acting wasn't bad, but for some reason whoever was in charge decided to make the Arthur/Trillian love subplot THE major component of the movie. Not interesting and the characters barely spoke to each other anyway.

I liked Zaphod, Slartibartfast, and a couple of the very few lines that Marvin had, but after the first 45 minutes, I was fidgeting, trying to remember how much longer the book dragged on. I hope none of the other books become movies, because they just get 'wackier' and more incoherent and will be even worse.

Rating: 2.5/5

edit: oh hey, and bonus points for being a huge ad for Nokia's new phone.

team-killer fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 29, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU