Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
I went to school at Stanford, and just moved up to Sacramento, so I'm pretty set as NorCal. Stanford's nice as a school, housing prices around there are simply ridiculous. One of my friends lived in a garage for 5 months. His roommate was a Miata.

My explanation for The 5 has always been this: To get anywhere in LA requires at least 3 freeways. Think about verbally giving directions: "Take two oh five to one five to four oh five". The "to" can easily be misinterpreted as a "two," so saying "the" before the freeway number is a neccesity for clarity. My SoCal girlfriend has almost got me saying "the" 5, but I won't let that become permanent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
I also have a date in the city and sort of need ideas, I'm picking her up around Broadway and Embarcadero for lunch and some other afternoon thing. I haven't really done much in the actual city of SF. I thought about the SF MOMA, but the current featured exhibit looks a little depressing for a first date.

I've searched the thread for "date" and "broadway" and come up with very little, sorry if this has been covered before.

• Locked thread