Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
So, anyone know of wrestling forums that have a decent size, at decent number of puro fans, and that I haven't posted the AJ/NOAH media pages on? I'm running out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/48636
THIS WEEK: Nakamura to WWE?! Quackenbush gets all WORDY. And a reader gives his thoughts on seeing Muscle Outlaw'z live.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
I'll have that punk guest writer know that Chris Masters CAN work his rear end off okay :mad:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/48778

THIS WEEK: NOAH starts a crappy English-language site, what does it mean? Destroyer, why did he rule so hard?

Destroyer: I M :gay: 4 U

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/48778

THIS WEEK: NOAH starts a crappy English-language site, what does it mean? Destroyer, why did he rule so hard?

Destroyer: I M :gay: 4 U

When you said crappy I didn't expect Geocities quality.

Kahrytes
Jun 4, 2004

Now I need a drink. Not this one. Another one. And in a different place.
Has anyone heard of Ryusuke Taguchi? I saw a clip of him doing his Dodon, and I just find his look amazing.

Has he done anything noteworthy? Is he a jobber? Curtainjerker? I've never heard of him, but he instantly became :cool: in my eyes.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Highly Respected SAS Wrestling Poster

MassRayPer posted:

When you said crappy I didn't expect Geocities quality.

At least it's not the Deep South Wrestling website.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Kahrytes posted:

Has anyone heard of Ryusuke Taguchi? I saw a clip of him doing his Dodon, and I just find his look amazing.

Has he done anything noteworthy? Is he a jobber? Curtainjerker? I've never heard of him, but he instantly became :cool: in my eyes.
He's a recently promoted young lion, currently junior tag team champs with El Samurai. Pretty talented albeit not jaw-dropping, his look was bland (ie. short hair, short black tights like other young lions) until he went to Mexico for seasoning. He came back looking like that and with new moves like the Dodon.

New Japan's dojo is something else when it comes to churning out talent year after year.

Kahrytes
Jun 4, 2004

Now I need a drink. Not this one. Another one. And in a different place.

Ditch posted:

He's a recently promoted young lion, currently junior tag team champs with El Samurai. Pretty talented albeit not jaw-dropping, his look was bland (ie. short hair, short black tights like other young lions) until he went to Mexico for seasoning. He came back looking like that and with new moves like the Dodon.

New Japan's dojo is something else when it comes to churning out talent year after year.

:love: the Ditch. So if I can actually start getting NJPW tapes, I can see him for a while?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Yup. The February and March shows at Sumo Hall have him in junior tag title matches, as does one of the May shows.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/48902
THIS WEEK: I hype HUSTLE. And... um... not too much else. Man it's slow.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Dragon Gate.

July 21st.

ECW Arena.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
poo poo. That's after my surgery :(

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I just wanted to say that your look at HUSTLE was pretty awesome. I had heard about them but had no idea what they were about at all.

It's also good to hear that Rosey's going to be in Japan. Since I'm a slight mark for the big guy, I have to ask: how big of a push do you think he'll get?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Jamal is probably a better worker and he got a pretty darn big push, rather fast too. If Rosey can kick enough rear end and look mean he can get title shots (Jamal got two), but if he's a goofy babyface then his chances are slim.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
A friend of mine is calling Kobashi vs Marufuji from the Budokan show is his MOTY so far. Is he nuts or is it that good?

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war

Ditch posted:

Dragon Gate.

July 21st.

ECW Arena.

Holy poo poo. Is that part of their America/Mexico/Japan tour?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/49069
THIS WEEK: PRIDE's crisis threatens to drag Zero-One and HUSTLE down with it.

MassRayPer posted:

A friend of mine is calling Kobashi vs Marufuji from the Budokan show is his MOTY so far. Is he nuts or is it that good?
I've seen some good reviews, though none quite that glowing, but haven't watched it myself. I rather doubt it though... then again I'm currently of the mind that anything that doesn't have Danielson in it probably isn't the rightful MOTY. And keep in mind that I think the '03, '04 and '05 most-beloved Kobashi matches are overrated.

Mighty Agrippa posted:

Holy poo poo. Is that part of their America/Mexico/Japan tour?
Seems that way. For juniors (DG, KENTA, etc) they make good side money working US indy shows. In the case of an all-juniors fed like DG, with what I think is relatively low talent cost (compared to big-name heavies), it can turn a good profit.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Takayama returns at NOAH's Budokan show on 7/16, against a mystery opponent.

:dance:

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Ditch posted:

Dragon Gate.

July 21st.

ECW Arena.

As fantastic as this could be, I hold my breath, as rumor is the show is partnered with PWU, aka the lovely lovely fed ran by Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere. I feel scummy just thinking about it.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

OGB posted:

As fantastic as this could be, I hold my breath, as rumor is the show is partnered with PWU, aka the lovely lovely fed ran by Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere. I feel scummy just thinking about it.
C'mon dude the Backseats were in all those four-star matches, like... um...

poo poo :(

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Ditch posted:

C'mon dude the Backseats were in all those four-star matches, like... um...

poo poo :(

Don't get me wrong, if I have to sit through A PWU match (1, that's it) for some sweet, sweet DGate live action, I'll do it, but if its just like CIMA, Shingo, and Don Fuji, plus PWU's "talent", I'm not so sure I'd be game.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Oh and PWU works hand-in-hand with RF.

:sigh:

edit: The entire promotion won't be running in Japan between 7/16 and 7/29. We're talking at least most of the roster here. Also, the 7/21 show is going to be run by DG, while 7/22 is PWU.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 13, 2006

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Ditch posted:

Oh and PWU works hand-in-hand with RF.

:sigh:

edit: The entire promotion won't be running in Japan between 7/16 and 7/29. We're talking at least most of the roster here. Also, the 7/21 show is going to be run by DG, while 7/22 is PWU.

Actually, the PWU/RF relationship ended when Pedoboy started PW Elite...PWU's now aligned with Smart Mark Video (and has input from Mike Burns), but that hasn't necessarily helped with their shows.

I know the fed's off in that period, but from what Jae at DGUSA said, it looked like Dragon Gate was going to be BxB Hulk, CIMA, Shingo, Fuji, Evans, and Sydal...I'd love to be wrong, though.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/49179

NOAH 7/16: Takayama & Kobashi vs Akiyama & Misawa :kittyjig:

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Ditch posted:

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/49179

NOAH 7/16: Takayama & Kobashi vs Akiyama & Misawa :kittyjig:

gently caress my balls, that match will be nutty. I hope Takayama goes full time, if just for a rematch with KENTA. Is NOAH still doing a dome show this year?

And I just realized, reading the top post on this page, that you're behind the AJPW/NOAH archives. Thanks for that, man. Allowed me to catch some AJPW stuff I didn't have on DVD.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
No Dome show this year, they just don't have anything big enough for it.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Ditch posted:

No Dome show this year, they just don't have anything big enough for it.

Hot drat, ah well, no big loss. Just one less show to buy this year.

I was thinking they might do a big show at the Dome where the next gen (KENTA, Marufuji, Morishima) finally gets to succeed over the old guard, but that's kinda the general theme of the booking this year (or so it seems), so I guess they'd rather spread that out, versus all on one show.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
That sort of show would do terrible business-wise. They wouldn't have been able to fill the dome with similar matches during early '90s All Japan despite having more fans and better wrestlers in the respective roles. At this point only a handful of dream matches are really worth using the Dome for and since NOAH can't or won't get Sapp, Kawada, Takada, Sakuraba or zombie Hashimoto I doubt they'll revisit the success of last year's show.

sp0rsk
Jan 29, 2003

This is my life inside a house made out of balloon doggies
I was at the hustle ppv at the saitama super dome and it was an OK show. it would have been pretty awful if it wasnt for the dudleys and hard gay. not even inlin of joytoy's wonderful breasts and squat pose could save some of the more boring matches.

if you watch the ppv you might see me during the 3d fight where debo goes into the stands. im the only white guy wearing a red shirt. It was my first hustle experience and i have to say the quality of the wrestling is preeeeeeeeeeeetty crappy, its essentially a bad japanese WWE. Overall i was just really shocked at how hard gay could actually wrestle.

if you want spoilers i can give them to you. there werent many surprises though.

Dr.Donkeypunch
Sep 8, 2003

Ask me about ironing shirts.
Grimey Drawer
Takayama/ Kobashi vs. Misawa/ Akiyama? Are you kidding me?? That will be freaking great! Assuming of course that Takayama doesn't die in the ring.

Hey Ditch, when is everyone's favorite young NOAH psuedo-heavyweight Go Shiosaki coming back? I love that guy, and I know he's been on hiatus with an injury, but he should be getting back any time now. Or maybe I'm mistaken and he's already stepped back in the ring. Either way, that 7/16 show definitely needs more GO!

Also, hey OGB, it's KM (KaoticMessiah) from CZWFans. Nice to see another DVDVR/ CZWFans guy on here.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

sp0rsk posted:

I was at the hustle ppv at the saitama super dome and it was an OK show. it would have been pretty awful if it wasnt for the dudleys and hard gay. not even inlin of joytoy's wonderful breasts and squat pose could save some of the more boring matches.
The wrestling can be pretty weak, especially when they aim for 'big' matches involving the likes of Matt Morgan, Giant Silva, etc. HG is one of the better guys on the roster.

Anything you can share about your experience of seeing a show at the Super Arena would be cool.

Dr.Donkeypunch posted:

Hey Ditch, when is everyone's favorite young NOAH psuedo-heavyweight Go Shiosaki coming back? I love that guy, and I know he's been on hiatus with an injury, but he should be getting back any time now. Or maybe I'm mistaken and he's already stepped back in the ring. Either way, that 7/16 show definitely needs more GO!
He returned on their last show, which was a week ago Friday.

The NOAH product took a dramatic dive after they lost Go and Hashi AND stopped bringing in Tenryu and Sasaki. If they get back Go, Takayama and Hashi over the coming months we could get a surge.

Dr.Donkeypunch
Sep 8, 2003

Ask me about ironing shirts.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, why did they stop bringing in Tenryu and Sasaki? They both put on some absolutely stellar matches, not to mention that I'm sure they're still big draws. I need more Nakajima in NOAH.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I think they're going into cost-saving mode, with less outsiders. Or something. At some point this year a deal with K-1 fell through in regards to using Sapp and Akebono, and shortly after that it was an all-NOAH crew for Budokans.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Any idea of this change had a result on business for NOAH? I figure between that and KENTA/Marufuji's excursions, there would be a problem drawing.

And hey, KM.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Spring Navigation DVD showed up today, and wow.

The commentary is loving horrible. I guess it's more a problem of having non native English speakers doing the commentary but they'd be better off leaving the original commentary in.

It wouldn't be bad if the bootleggers weren't so cheap of an alternative, but its just a weird release. The DVD is only two hours long yet everything but the three feature matches are clipped.

I can't complain too much since Kobashi/Marufuji is pretty loving awesome, with Kobashi making him look like a real threat, and Marufuji doing an insanely rad springboard dropkick to the floor.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/49361
This week: Takayama's stroke explained, Muga promotion, Super Junior tourney wraps up, All Japan shows Prowres Luv~ to Hello Kitty.

Yeah.

OGB posted:

Any idea of this change had a result on business for NOAH? I figure between that and KENTA/Marufuji's excursions, there would be a problem drawing.
KENTA and Marufuji haven't missed a show yet. The last Budokan did pretty badly and was the main show where NOAH went cheap, and the next few Budokans won't have Masao Inoue in the main event so they can get away with going cheap I think.

Chief Rebel Angel
Apr 10, 2003

by Fragmaster
I've always wondered this. What do the Japanese wrestlers who have toured America think about the fans here? There are obvious similarities and obvious differences, but have any of the Japanese stars ever commented on the crowds at all?

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Highly Respected SAS Wrestling Poster

Ditch posted:

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/49361
This week: Takayama's stroke explained, Muga promotion, Super Junior tourney wraps up, All Japan shows Prowres Luv~ to Hello Kitty. going cheap I think.

Wow, a Sprewell Rimz mention. His influence (sadly) expands.

Edit: Ditch, at best he's very high-strung and at worst, he's insane.

HwoodNG fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 28, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Is something wrong with Da Rim'z?

Chief Rebel Angel posted:

I've always wondered this. What do the Japanese wrestlers who have toured America think about the fans here? There are obvious similarities and obvious differences, but have any of the Japanese stars ever commented on the crowds at all?
If they have we wouldn't know about it... I mean they speak Japanese and all. However I will point out that when KENTA & Marufuji teamed up in NOAH on April 2nd, the announcers mentioned their win in ROH over Danielson & Joe, along with the fact that KENTA pinned Danielson, the champ. :waycool: