Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dangerous Mind
Apr 20, 2011

math is magical
Hi guys I'm having a problem with the monitor I just bought a couple days ago. It has blurry/fuzzy words every couple lines and I'm not sure why. Here is a pic I snapped to show the fuzziness: i.imgur.com/aqHzx.png

Also here is the newegg page of the monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236153&Tpk=N82E16824236153

Any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Dangerous Mind fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Mind
Apr 20, 2011

math is magical

Factory Factory posted:

You're connected via HDMI, right? Turn off overscan both on the GPU and through the monitor's on-screen display controls.

How would I turn off overscan on my GPU? I did for the monitor. And yes, I'm connected via HDMI.

Dangerous Mind
Apr 20, 2011

math is magical

Factory Factory posted:

Depends on the GPU. In AMD Catalyst, it's My Digital Flat Panels -> Scaling Options, then crank the "scaling options" slider all the way to the Overscan side (I think that's it). And make sure the checkbox is unchecked.

Then make sure to set your desktop resolution to a proper 1920x1080.

I have an ATI Radeon 5770.

Dangerous Mind
Apr 20, 2011

math is magical

Factory Factory posted:

So unless you haven't updated driver's in a year or so, it's AMD Catalyst.

Thank you, everything is fixed now.

• Locked thread