Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

some kinda jackal posted:

Let's see everyone's eclipse ride pics!

Me and a friend just kind of chilled out on a service road for an hour and it was amazing.

I thought the pic would be better but tbh I spent most of my time actually observing the rare event rather than documenting it.

crossposting:

Professor Wayne posted:

I rode a few hours to watch the total eclipse and set up my helmet cam on to point at my bike and the sun. Of course a minute after I walked away, the jacket it was sitting on shifted, and the sun got out of the view. Still kind of neat, though.

https://i.imgur.com/GZKwapV.mp4

The traffic was terrible. I hope I never have to filter and lane split that much again in my life. And that was mostly avoiding the interstate.

I didn't notice the camera shifting, because I was too distracted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
That's nice

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Tried to see the eclipse, but the moon was in the way.

I was located out of the path of totality, about 400 miles south. Displaced like that, it was like someone just hit the dimmer switch on the sun. Lots of thin-to-thick cloud cover too, so, not ideal for seeing much of anything... It was kind of cool to ride to work in those kinds of light conditions, though. Felt like riding through a 70s photograph.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slide Hammer posted:

Tried to see the eclipse, but the moon was in the way.

I was located out of the path of totality, about 400 miles south. Displaced like that, it was like someone just hit the dimmer switch on the sun. Lots of thin-to-thick cloud cover too, so, not ideal for seeing much of anything... It was kind of cool to ride to work in those kinds of light conditions, though. Felt like riding through a 70s photograph.

We had a fairly strong partial back in 2018 and it was definitely weird. The light felt thin, but not like winter sun is thin.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you
I drove nine hours each way to get to the totality. No way I was going to ride that distance. Totally worth it though.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

:eyepop:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Is that a lot?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I'm just marveling at that pipe, goddamn

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Scooter people often have that particular type of brain damage that makes them spend the same as an actual motorcycle on parts that make their 4hp scooter have 5hp

Admittedly in percentage terms it's a more effective upgrade than any exhaust fitted to a big bike

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

Admittedly in percentage terms it's a more effective upgrade than any exhaust fitted to a big bike

I mean you just said right there that's a 25% increase :v:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the absolute best bang-for-your-buck power upgrade you can do is: buy a bike with a more powerful engine.

power doesn't matter though. the other day i followed a kid wobbling very uncomfortably on an R6 on the way to the university. i passed him at about 40 miles an hour on the outside of a turn (two lanes) with one hand on the bars of my CL350. he seemingly got upset at this and blasted past me when the road straightened out. you go man

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 12, 2024

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I woulda said lose weight

(although that's predicated on being a walking ball of dough like me)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

well, that's not technically a power upgrade. definitely that's the biggest bang-for-your-buck weight reduction mod though.

if you take a dump before you ride you shed like 10x as much weight as the flimsiest milled out brake rotor will get you

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Yeah but have you considered the rotor is both unsprung and rotating?? :smug:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ok, and what are your dumps when you flush?

Yeah, same thing :dukedog:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Ok, and what are your dumps when you flush?

Yeah, same thing :dukedog:

It's still depleted uranium.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

eat more fiber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

cursedshitbox posted:

It's still depleted uranium.

So are my rotors.