Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

Phat_Albert posted:

Circle wheelies are boring too, no matter how hard they are. I want to see some innovation in the stunt scene, not just the same 4 or 5 rehashed tricks all the time.

Damnit, I wish I could post that Christian Pfeiffer video my roommate took downtown, but it's 160MB, my upload rate sucks, and I'm lazy. He's an amazing rider, and doesn't really adhere to the HELLAFIED STUNTA culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portable591
Oct 3, 2002

Kagari Mafia Ringleader and ray tracing EXPERT

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv posted:

Damnit, I wish I could post that Christian Pfeiffer video my roommate took downtown, but it's 160MB, my upload rate sucks, and I'm lazy. He's an amazing rider, and doesn't really adhere to the HELLAFIED STUNTA culture.

I watched a video of him in a warehouse riding an SV650. The best part is listening to the growl of the Suzuki's V-twin and aftermarket exhaust combo echoing indoors.

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Phat_Albert posted:

Inolen, do something inventive. Wheelies are old and boring. I was wheelieing KDX-80's in the late 80's, when I was like 9.

Do something inventive that we havent all seen 10 trillion times, and maybe you will get a warmer reception.

Circle wheelies are boring too, no matter how hard they are. I want to see some innovation in the stunt scene, not just the same 4 or 5 rehashed tricks all the time.

4 or 5 tricks.. man.. you're still stuck in the 80's with your little dirtbike.

http://www.stuntshinestate.com/OTOWN.mov
Lots of sick straight line and circle combos.

http://www.teamxmx.com/video/teach.wmv
Another sick rider, use to be a pro class AMA racer, Chris "Teach" McNeil. Mostly of him learning to drift, and various circles.

inolen fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 28, 2006

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

inolen posted:

4 or 5 tricks.. man.. you're still stuck in the 80's with your little dirtbike.

http://www.stuntshinestate.com/OTOWN.mov
Lots of sick straight line and circle combos.

http://www.teamxmx.com/video/teach.wmv
Another sick rider, use to be a pro class AMA racer, Chris "Teach" McNeil. Mostly of him learning to drift, and various circles.

That drifting looks like fun and I love watching a nice long stoppie

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

OK, here's an insane video. It's a helmet cam on a Supermoto rider's helmet. It really gets the blood flowing.

http://www.xtremereplay.com/Download/Use_Later/Motard_-_Xtreme_Recall_dwnld.wmv

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Phat_Albert posted:

Real men go on 2,000 mile trips on Honda CT-70's

NO, real men do the iron butt 1000 miles in 24 hours on a yamaha ysr50.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Mapless posted:

On a forum with a strong emphasis on performance, with a specific admonition pertaining to stunting and having already stirred up a shitstorm with prior postings of your bullshit what exactly were you hoping for when you posted yet another stunta pic?

I wasn't even commenting on your stunting, that's too easy. My comment was aimed at your 'removing the chicken strips' line. If you meant it in jest, fine, whatever, it's still as much bullshit as attempting to determine one's skill level by inspecting their strips in the first place which was the point in my response.

He's not doing it on public roadways, so what is the problem?

A circle wheelie pic is a lot more interesting than most of the pics here. "Oh, look, another japanese sportbike." "Cool, it's another picture of you taking a turn."

Let's ban burnouts from AI too.

snowcrashsun
Feb 9, 2006

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv posted:

OK, here's an insane video. It's a helmet cam on a Supermoto rider's helmet. It really gets the blood flowing.

brings back some bad memories of supermario kart, spoiler

I HATE BLACK 825, 07:30 I get by him and is the first time he acts like a real oval office, and then to crash out at the end

miklm
Dec 7, 2003

What a cunning fellow.

Portable591 posted:

I watched a video of him in a warehouse riding an SV650. The best part is listening to the growl of the Suzuki's V-twin and aftermarket exhaust combo echoing indoors.

You sure it was an SV650? He used to use Ducati Monsters before BMW sponsored him.

Not saying it wasn't, but you might could mistake a Monster for an SV650 at a casual glance.

And yeah, Pfieffer is amazing. "Stunna" or not, he can ride the hell out of a bike, and he does "legitimate" racing too, lots of motocross, and anything else on two wheels. Stunt shows just pays his bills, and he defies physics sometimes.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

snowcrashsun posted:

brings back some bad memories of supermario kart, spoiler

I HATE BLACK 825, 07:30 I get by him and is the first time he acts like a real oval office, and then to crash out at the end

By the end of the video I'm doing this ----> :argh::argh::argh:

Portable591
Oct 3, 2002

miklm posted:

You sure it was an SV650? He used to use Ducati Monsters before BMW sponsored him.

Not saying it wasn't, but you might could mistake a Monster for an SV650 at a casual glance.

Yeah, it's a first-gen yellow SV650. The video resolution is low, but the difference in the rear seats, and the angle of the front exhaust header gives it away. He rides it after he finishes doing some crazy poo poo on a trials bike.

And no stunter will ever touch this woman's skill: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8867862777896510907&q=crazy+bike

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

inolen posted:

Especially seat stander circles, where you have to use the clutch/handbrake at the same time with the same hand.

I don't care much about stunting one way or another as long as it's not on the road, but what kind of bike are you riding that you have a clutch and a brake on the same handgrip? Do you have to run a lever for the rear brake or something?

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Jazzzzz posted:

I don't care much about stunting one way or another as long as it's not on the road, but what kind of bike are you riding that you have a clutch and a brake on the same handgrip? Do you have to run a lever for the rear brake or something?

It's an 01 f4i. I have an aftermarket rear master which lets me run two lines (or you can machine up an adapter that's threaded for a banjo bolt and put it in place of your reservoir inlet on your stock rear master). It's purely for off the peg tricks in which I can't use my foot brake.

Portable591
Oct 3, 2002

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv posted:

I have wondered about this for a while. What makes motards so fast on lovely surfaces like that? They seem to be on sport tires, just like most sport bikes, but I would be incredibly loving scared to corner that quickly on that poo poo on my ex250. They seem to let the rear wheel slide out all the time without low or high-siding. Is it the light weight, the huge suspension travel, putting the foot down for balance (I can't imagine it does much past 10 mph), or all of the above?

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

miklm posted:

What I'm saying is, can we please just not turn this thread into another stunts hateflamefest?
Out of respect for miklm, my last response on this subject is:

Sigtrap posted:

4. "Ricing"/"2ning"/STUNTAZ
Don't expect a warm reception if you want to ask about silly garbage like

* Clear "Altezza" taillights
* Kickin rad vinyl kits
* Underbody neons
* "NAWS"
* Getting MAD PUSSY WITH YA STUNTA KREW
* Basically anything you saw in a stupid movie about the "scene"
Let me know as soon as stunting is no longer categorized with the rest of the useless bullshit that clutters other automotive/biker forums. This rule list (along with other, more intangible things) is part of what separates AI from almost every other board on the net, and yes that includes dedicated motorcycle boards.

Inolen posted:

And yes Mapless, my comment was meant in jest.
Emoticons! (My stance on stunting remains unchanged.)

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Portable591 posted:

And no stunter will ever touch this woman's skill: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8867862777896510907&q=crazy+bike

Flatland on a fixed gear roadbike?!? :psyduck: :wtc: :(:fh:

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

Portable591 posted:

what
in
the
gently caress

riding a wheelie backwards?

94whitesnake
Apr 24, 2005

It's got the 0.2cc big bore kit, she moves.

Portable591 posted:

I have wondered about this for a while. What makes motards so fast on lovely surfaces like that? They seem to be on sport tires, just like most sport bikes, but I would be incredibly loving scared to corner that quickly on that poo poo on my ex250. They seem to let the rear wheel slide out all the time without low or high-siding. Is it the light weight, the huge suspension travel, putting the foot down for balance (I can't imagine it does much past 10 mph), or all of the above?

Uh... they're dirt bikes with slick tires. Even with knobbies you slide all over the place. That's how you go fast.

They don't fall because:
1. they are skilled
2. dirt has things called "berms"
3. supermoto dirt is usually hard packed and blue-grooved

Portable591
Oct 3, 2002

94whitesnake posted:

Uh... they're dirt bikes with slick tires. Even with knobbies you slide all over the place. That's how you go fast.

They don't fall because:
1. they are skilled
2. dirt has things called "berms"
3. supermoto dirt is usually hard packed and blue-grooved

Right, I have no doubt they are highly skilled, but at least some of it has to be the bike or people would run all kinds of bikes in those races. There has to be some reason supermotos are quicker on tight courses with lovely pavement than sport bikes or standard dirt bikes, or people wouldn't use them.

94whitesnake
Apr 24, 2005

It's got the 0.2cc big bore kit, she moves.

Portable591 posted:

Right, I have no doubt they are highly skilled, but at least some of it has to be the bike or people would run all kinds of bikes in those races. There has to be some reason supermotos are quicker on tight courses with lovely pavement than sport bikes or standard dirt bikes, or people wouldn't use them.

I'm pretty sure the race series has rules as to what bikes you can run. I'm also pretty sure that a supermoto bike is, in fact, a standard dirt bike. If you have to ask why nobody runs knobbies, then look at a typical track and notice the pavement/dirt ratio.

Turtle Parlor
Sep 12, 2005
village idiot

Portable591 posted:

They are light, as in 200-ish pounds wet. They make massive torque and decent hp(mid 50s for 450s, up into the 70s for really tweaked works rigs). The suspension geometry allows for sliding around. Did I mention torque? The riders are agressive, backing one in like that on asphalt takes brass balls and some screwed up survival instinct wiring in the noggin.

You'll notice the riders are wearing MX type gear, because they are working thier asses off wrangling those bikes. Leathers would cause them to overheat. It takes a very odd person to ride like that.

GP035
Feb 15, 2005

It's Clutch Time!

I think there's a bike under there? :q:

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
More pictures and video, less stuntaz. :)

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
I really liked that first pic that inolen posted, shoot me.

shoafer0
Jan 26, 2004

meh
Honestly, I could care less if stunta pictures or knee dragging pictures get posted. I do however hate it when pic/video threads get fagged up with more poo poo tossing about which takes more skill... all I know is that I do neither of them very well... both sets of pics are enjoyable and help to fill my rather boring and mundane day.

That is all... post more pics!

and to contribute!

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
Had a group ride Sunday with a few local guys.

Neck Tooth
Sep 8, 2003

How I hate him.
Route 50, near Ely, Nevada, three weeks ago:

Big writeup of my 3900 mile trip soon as grad school craziness lets off a bit.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Neck Tooth posted:

Route 50, near Ely, Nevada, three weeks ago:

Big writeup of my 3900 mile trip soon as grad school craziness lets off a bit.

Beautiful picture. Also, you're living the dream I dreamt of every day since I first saw a proper motorcycle to do it on. :( Unfortunately, I lack the money, and most of all, the western-US location to do such a thing.

tbonewalker
Jul 12, 2006
Crosspost from the vector drawing thread:

Larger:
http://img.waffleimages.com/img/42fd9cdd1acd32b9bb7f9a800db3ec2f0e56b8a2/virago1.gif

This took about as long as you might expect.

shoafer0
Jan 26, 2004

meh
Which I'm guessing means a lot of time! Looks really really good. It's giving me an itch to do one of my bike.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

tbonewalker posted:

Crosspost from the vector drawing thread:

Larger:
http://img.waffleimages.com/img/42fd9cdd1acd32b9bb7f9a800db3ec2f0e56b8a2/virago1.gif

This took about as long as you might expect.

Holy poo poo, nice! Can anyone post a good tutorial on how to do these?

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows

G Money posted:

I think there's a bike under there? :q:

It almost looks like a scooter but it seems impossible with any bike.

shoafer0
Jan 26, 2004

meh

Phat_Albert posted:

Holy poo poo, nice! Can anyone post a good tutorial on how to do these?

there's a vectorize thread going... here's a link to the tutorial that got posted

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?postid=314051751&highlight=#post314051751
same process also works in photoshop

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good
A few from my last big trip:

tarzanspuma
Jan 23, 2006

Gorilla

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv posted:

Well, here's some highlights of that video:
http://2fatidiots.com/vids/Chris_Pfeiffer_Highlights.mov

If you guys like it, let me know and I'll upload the whole thing. I've got about 10 minutes of him stunting in my hometown of San Luis Obispo, CA. This was the Thursday before the MotoGP weekend in Laguna.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5955238524895101958

Yes that's me. Yes it was stupid. Yes it was fun.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

2006 Irish Road Racing Video

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Awesome day down on the Mist Hiway just outside of Clatskanie, Oregon. Ran that road a couple times before having to deal with a Rocket III that locked the front tire in a corner. Ever try lifting an 850lb bike out of the ditch and onto a trailer?

VVV Yup, good thing.

Braincloud fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 30, 2006

Portable591
Oct 3, 2002

It's a good thing a car wasn't coming the other way. Even if it were completely in its own lane, it still would've clipped your head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snowcrashsun
Feb 9, 2006

PlasticSun posted:

A few from my last big trip:

There's a primal urge to drive heavy road bikes on sand, I got it standing stuck further up and later built a driftwood road and sidestand after taking off the luggage.