Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tbonewalker
Jul 12, 2006

Portable591 posted:

It's a good thing a car wasn't coming the other way. Even if it were completely in its own lane, it still would've clipped your head.

Decapitation is as good a way to die as any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackaxis
Nov 23, 2002
Irate Southerner
Me and Dant (Turtle Parlor) putting some cheese on our waffles.

Say hi dant!

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Braincloud posted:

Awesome day down on the Mist Hiway just outside of Clatskanie, Oregon.

That road up there is awesome. We need to have a PDX goon bike meet. I know of 3 of us now that have sportbikes.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!
I am bored shitless, it is storming here so I was loving around in the garage, snapped a couple of pics.

Hmmm... way too much poo poo in the garage for a good pic so.. breakout the photoshop and my uber-weak skillllzzzzzz

The seat is temporary, ordering a custom seat pan and gonna try my hand at leather work and make me a thinner seat. Custom rear fender coming as well.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

That road up there is awesome. We need to have a PDX goon bike meet. I know of 3 of us now that have sportbikes.

Well, that was a 2+ hour ride just to get there. I'm in Seattle (we took the back roads).

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

yeah if you don't sell your bike

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Reading these threads are a great way to make me depressed.

Anyone have a used ex250 motor?

94whitesnake
Apr 24, 2005

It's got the 0.2cc big bore kit, she moves.
Hello 1/8" thick aluminum, Goodbye bent radiators!

:haw:

vorhese
Feb 16, 2002

brains for breakfast brains for brunch
My coworker wanted to show me this, 137mph nose wheelie. Says it was posted in January, but archived.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7qaK1E6BV_0

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

vorhese posted:

My coworker wanted to show me this, 137mph nose wheelie. Says it was posted in January, but archived.

I saw this on stunt junkies last night on the dicovery channel .

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST
GSXR walking the dog

http://www.lemonzoo.com/funny_videos/15071/Just_Walking_The_Dog.html

Turtle Parlor
Sep 12, 2005
village idiot

I love animals, and am admittedly misanthropic, but geezus that was drat funny.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Can someone post the video of the guy in full leathers demonstrating proper (and inproper) motorcycle waves?

It ends up as a song and dance.

I tried looking, but can't find what I want. It was posted in the "Why Harley Riders Suck", thread, if I recall correctly.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

orinth posted:

yeah if you don't sell your bike

Yea its for sale, but as long as I have it im down to ride. I would like to get in a couple more rides before its over, I just have no one to ride with. The amount of newbs on literbikes on the last groupride I went on was enough to make me not want to go to those anymore. They are fun, but sometimes it turns into a pissing contest of who can ride the hardest and craziest and I don't like that.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

Uthor posted:

Can someone post the video of the guy in full leathers demonstrating proper (and inproper) motorcycle waves?

It ends up as a song and dance.

I tried looking, but can't find what I want. It was posted in the "Why Harley Riders Suck", thread, if I recall correctly.

I posted it in the waving thread i think....

edit: here we go

http://media.putfile.com/bikewaves

edit2: i love the advanced noob wave

orinth fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 1, 2006

94whitesnake
Apr 24, 2005

Progress:

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

vorhese posted:

Watch some real long rollers.. faster != better.

http://www.uponone.com/videos.php?id=368

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

orinth posted:

I posted it in the waving thread i think....

edit: here we go

http://media.putfile.com/bikewaves

edit2: i love the advanced noob wave

The noob wave was why I wanted this. Thanks.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
New bike. Yarr!

Yeah, I'm pretty drat happy.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Silver posted:

New bike. Yarr!

I see that you've come to your senses and purchased something that will be out of the shop more than not.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

Silver posted:

New bike. Yarr!

very nice

it's a drat fun bike

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

orinth posted:

very nice

it's a drat fun bike

Bastards with your new CBRs:argh:

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

iroc_dis posted:

Bastards with your new CBRs:argh:

oh just go get one

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

n8r posted:

I see that you've come to your senses and purchased something that will be out of the shop more than not.

Yeah, I went and picked up the GSXR today, and while riding home I was thinking, man, I'm going to miss this bike. Then when I got home, shut it off, and opened the garage, and it wouldn't start. I'm not going to miss it that much.

edit:

Silver fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Sep 2, 2006

Portable591
Oct 3, 2002

Kagari Mafia Ringleader and ray tracing EXPERT
That's pretty nice. Man, everyone getting new bikes makes me feel left out. :( I need wads of cash sitting around like you guys had.

ail
Jul 8, 2003

by The Finn

Portable591 posted:

That's pretty nice. Man, everyone getting new bikes makes me feel left out. :( I need wads of cash sitting around like you guys had.

You must not be American, for if you were, you would already have purchased a new gixxer on a line of credit you already cannot afford.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

ail posted:

You must not be American, for if you were, you would already have purchased a new gixxer on a line of credit you already cannot afford.

For serious.

94whitesnake
Apr 24, 2005

this was more of a pain in the rear end than I first thought. Oh well, now I have to do the other side.

Zeroboy
Feb 21, 2001
I simply do not care that the F4i is the most perfectly practical bike for me to upgrade to from the F3. I am buying a 600rr. I've always been willing to give up a little practicality for better performance/looks, and my god that bike is a looker.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

orinth posted:

oh just go get one

I don't have enough money yet since I doubt my F4 would sell for too much.

deathlee
Mar 4, 2002

no anxiety about his chemical dependencies
the thing that brings me so much happiness

Only registered members can see post attachments!

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
Todays group ride. '03 954rr, '00 CBR600 F4, and '06 GSXR600

Turtle Parlor
Sep 12, 2005
village idiot
The stubby pipe look is beginning to grow on me. Looks rather fitting on that GSXR. Lose the passenger pegs and integrate the tail lights and it will look very clean and purposeful.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Turtle Parlor posted:

The stubby pipe look is beginning to grow on me. Looks rather fitting on that GSXR. Lose the passenger pegs and integrate the tail lights and it will look very clean and purposeful.

Hes getting a fender elim next and a I think some sort of aftermarket mirrors since he doesn't think his current ones let him see too much behind him

schmunkey
Oct 15, 2005

DILLIGAF posted:

I've never seen a Sportster that really caught my eye until I saw yours. I really like what you've done with it. Is it akward riding with your risers like that though?

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

schmunkey posted:

I've never seen a Sportster that really caught my eye until I saw yours. I really like what you've done with it. Is it akward riding with your risers like that though?

Not really, I am not a small guy and I have ape arms. (For the OMG Safety Krew, I know, I know. My only excuse is that I was 1/8th of a mile from my house, just to take some pics for a website.)

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

My Dad builds scale-model stationary engines in the winter, then takes them to engine shows in the summer. I went to hang out with them today because the show they were at has a huge auction and I wanted to see if there was anything worth bidding on.

While there, I checked out some of the stuff on exhibit, and they had a couple Cushman motor scooters that were pretty unique looking.

I don't know anything about these, I thought they were strange looking and they may interest someone here.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

DILLIGAF posted:

Whoa, so is this the first time in 10 years that your legs have seen the light of the sun or what?

w1ntermute
Jan 6, 2005
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

deathlee posted:

the thing that brings me so much happiness

drat that thing is fapworthy. I really have a weak spot for bimmer bikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

A journey never truly has an end...
Holla back youngin' First track day.