Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Snowdens Secret posted:

If you think his Ducati is bad you should see his Agusta

Is there a word for the real-life embarrassment you feel when someone else does something incredibly shameful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Cmon son, you know if there was an actual diesel fuel powered motorcycle out there, cycle asylum would be making GBS threads its collective pants for months on end.

HDT makes them.

Apparently the civilian models are delayed, but maybe with the Sequester happening, they'll finally roll some out.

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 4, 2013

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is there a word for the real-life embarrassment you feel when someone else does something incredibly shameful?

class

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

clutchpuck posted:

HDT makes them.

Yeah, but arent those military only and not available to civilians?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I retract my statement.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Well there's also these guys

Although at 17k+ Euro it's a bit niche

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

Stugazi posted:

This is a video of a noob (me) riding Lyon's Valley Road outside San Diego.

Really fun road. Really noob rider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0fy-zs6OYs

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=lyons+valley+road&ie=UTF-8&ei=5Qw1UeW0GYXuyQG864CYAQ&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAg

That a helmet or chest mount on the gopro?

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I think they're availabe for the public but at some insane price like 18K or something.

fake edit:
18,999 according to this http://www.dieselbike.net/militaryproduction/militaryproduction.htm

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Waja

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Seamless blend of rider and machine.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I want some burberry duct tape

Stugazi
Mar 1, 2004

Who me, Bitter?

ThatCguy posted:

That a helmet or chest mount on the gopro?

Suction cup mount on gas tank.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

KozmoNaut posted:

Cop flips his poo poo because a guy on a bike in front of him braked and he hit him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Rb_3GlMTM

Some people and their power trips.

Not that the cop's any good but that guy really cannot ride for loving poo poo.

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

Stugazi posted:

Suction cup mount on gas tank.

Interesting how much it moves around, almost figured it was following body position.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

HAIL SATAN, PRINCE OF LIES

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Not that the cop's any good but that guy really cannot ride for loving poo poo.

Yeah, it took me a while to understand where his helmet mount was because jesus that is some funky lane positioning, and while this is probably very wrong it sounds like even when traffic is moving he's just using the clutch to accelerate, which explains why he was riding so slow and wobbly as gently caress. To be honest, I thought the cop was alright, dude caused an accident by riding like a dildo and got off with a bit of swearing and a handshake.

For content, a police Hayabusa!

Apparently they seized one from a dealer and liked it so much they got two more!

Wootcannon fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 5, 2013

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Wootcannon posted:

Dude caused an accident by riding like a dildo and got off with a bit of swearing and a handshake.

That's why you leave a gap between you and the vehicle in front of you, in case the come to a sudden and unexpected stop. That would be the argument made if anyone else had rear ended that motorcyclist except for a cop.

Also, remember when I saying all this crazy poo poo?

quote:

Instead, what these companies need to do is something rear end backwards and counter intuitive to them, they need to start dumbing down motorcycles so that they will appeal to Joe Schmoe car driver. Right now we don't have something we can call the Toyota Prius of motorcycles. I'm not saying it needs to be slow, or be hybrid. But there's not a motorcycle out there that is an appliance. If motorcycle companies want to innovate for the US audience they need to emulate the car experience. That means automatic transmission, built in storage on board, and ergonomics that mimic a car, because that's what Joe Schmoe car driver is used to and is comfortable with.

Either I was listening to Honda, or Honda was listening to me. Behold, the Honda CTX 700

Let's see, it's got the dct transmission, abs, onboard storage if you get the side cases and tank case. Pretty much everything I was talking about in a bike right there. I think I'm gonna get one.

Coredump fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 5, 2013

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
I was watching it and thinking the guy had terrible lane positioning and I couldn't figure out why he was slowing down when traffic was speeding up, but yeah, still no excuse for the cop to hit him

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

e: ^Absolutely, it's no excuse for the cop to hit him, it's still his fault he got hit.

Coredump posted:

That's why you leave a gap between you and the vehicle in front of you, in case the come to a sudden and unexpected stop. That would be the argument made if anyone else had rear ended that motorcyclist except for a cop.

Naw, even if it was some yummy mummy in a Chelsea tractor I'd blame him for it. In bad traffic, switching lanes with a car that's much bigger than our bikes, sometimes people do have to come up a bit closer than would be preferred just to fit into the available space. If his speed hadn't be so low and variable, this wouldn't have happened. Guy just lacks confidence, it seems, one of those wee day-long rider courses you see a lot of in California would do him the world of good.

e: I have a suspicion if this was someone on an SV650 rear-ending a car driving like this guy, there'd be a few more arguing it was the front vehicle's fault, especially if it was a soccer mom in a Jeep or something.

Wootcannon fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 5, 2013

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
That traffic looked pretty stop and go to me. I wonder if the car changing lanes surprised him and he automatically grabbed brake. Good/skilled/competent rider or not in front of you, if it's part of your daily job duties to operate a police cruiser in a safe manner and generally promote road safety, you should be able to avoid hitting a vehicle from behind in slow traffic. I'm sure there are many competent candidates for this officer's job who would love to have it...

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

clutchpuck posted:

That traffic looked pretty stop and go to me. I wonder if the car changing lanes surprised him and he automatically grabbed brake. Good/skilled/competent rider or not in front of you, if it's part of your daily job duties to operate a police cruiser in a safe manner and generally promote road safety, you should be able to avoid hitting a vehicle from behind in slow traffic. I'm sure there are many competent candidates for this officer's job who would love to have it...

The one that pulled ahead of him, then indicated for more than 5 seconds, then he got hit before they even commenced the manuevre? Jesus. And yeah, I don't deny the officer shouldn't have hit him, even more so than Joe Schmoe because he drives everyday and has the advanced training and all that.

e: v gently caress that made me flinch. Glad the guy got a shot of the plate.

Wootcannon fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Mar 5, 2013

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat
Apparently this incident happened yesterday:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5a8_1362384293

The unique thing is the biker also captured it from his POV.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=add_1362392987

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Shadowgate posted:

Apparently this incident happened yesterday:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5a8_1362384293

The unique thing is the biker also captured it from his POV.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=add_1362392987

Jesus the reaction time on that biker was unreal.

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat
I have no idea how he managed to avoid that idiot. Luckily his plate is clearly visible in the video, so hopefully the cops pay him a visit for nearly killing that rider.

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

Snowdens Secret posted:

Well there's also these guys

Although at 17k+ Euro it's a bit niche

There's also http://www.neander-motorcycle.com/shortversion-neu/main_en.html although 65,000 GBP, it's more than a bit niche.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNKK4IBDgE8

timn
Mar 16, 2010

Purgey posted:

Its crazy Japanese scooter time! These things are so ridiculous I can't help but like them

A whole page back now, but I'm really curious about that cobra commander full face visor.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

timn posted:

A whole page back now, but I'm really curious about that cobra commander full face visor.

You could probably get pretty close with this and a mirrored visor.

I've always wanted one, but I fear for that chin bar.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Coredump posted:

Jesus the reaction time on that biker was unreal.

Yeah, no kidding. That was crazy, I don't know if I could have reacted that quick. Jesus.

Hope that twat in the car gets done, he joked about it in the incar vid.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

Shimrod posted:

Yeah, no kidding. That was crazy, I don't know if I could have reacted that quick. Jesus.

Hope that twat in the car gets done, he joked about it in the incar vid.

The Reddit thread was filled with his plate number. I'm sure he'll get his, one way or another.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Apparently the Germans have a word for it: "Fremdscham".

And that is a remarkable idiot in the FJ. That's more terrifying footage than any horror movie I've seen in a long time.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Sagebrush posted:

Apparently the Germans have a word for it: "Fremdscham".

And that is a remarkable idiot in the FJ. That's more terrifying footage than any horror movie I've seen in a long time.

I'd be cleaning my seat off after that incident. The effed up thing is I swear the guy in the FJ goes, "I saved us.":frogout:

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

^He does indeed.

e: woooops wrong thread.

Wootcannon fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Mar 5, 2013

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I could have sworn I saw one on eBay a long time ago, when I was first looking at KLR's. Not that I've been looking anything other than extremely sporadically, but haven't seen one since.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Sagebrush posted:

That's more terrifying footage than any horror movie I've seen in a long time.

Seriously. Made me feel a little sick. Pulling poo poo like that should get you banned from the roads.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I could have sworn I saw one on eBay a long time ago, when I was first looking at KLR's. Not that I've been looking anything other than extremely sporadically, but haven't seen one since.

There were six or so on ebay a year or two ago. I don't ever remember seeing any actually sold; maybe it was some kind of ploy to gauge market interest?

I would be ALL OVER a diesel KLR.

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

AncientTV posted:

You could probably get pretty close with this and a mirrored visor.

I've always wanted one, but I fear for that chin bar.

I've got one of those; the chin bar is rated as passing whatever Euro standards are required for a full-face designation, for what that's worth. What sucks is that the helmet doesn't really fit my head well and I need to get something else, but I just know I'm going to be really bugged by the reduced visibility of a smaller visor.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Schlieren posted:

I've got one of those; the chin bar is rated as passing whatever Euro standards are required for a full-face designation, for what that's worth. What sucks is that the helmet doesn't really fit my head well and I need to get something else, but I just know I'm going to be really bugged by the reduced visibility of a smaller visor.

Have you ridden any extended amount of time in a regular full face helmet? There's really no reduced visibility.

for content here's a red turd

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Posted by the owner over at the WERA forum...

quote:

Here's a cool bike. This ia a 1999 R7 with a 1999 R1 superbike motor. I has motec ignition/fuel injection, every YEC parts available at the time, MotoGP spec Ohlins fork and shock, Stack Tach, AP brakes, huge Febor radiator, YEC works slipper clutch. Ridden by Michael Rutter to 2nd place in 1999 Macua Grand Prix, Ian Mc Person to a 124mph lap of the Island of Man. Don't see this every day....

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Schlieren posted:

I just know I'm going to be really bugged by the reduced visibility of a smaller visor.

I don't think you're really understanding how helmets are designed. Every full-face on the market has 180 degrees of vision laterally (more than the eye can see) and even the cheap helmets have about 120 degrees vertically (about equal to how far up and down you can see). My helmet only cost $150 and the only part of it that I can see while wearing it is a gray haze at the very bottom center of my vision where the chin bar sits. To look at it, I basically have to try and look directly at my nose, and it still is never more than a little hazy bump that covers far less than 1% of the visual field.

There was some H-D dude on here who was convinced that he couldn't see out of a full-face helmet either, though, and used that as an excuse to wear a shorty, so maybe there's some psychological placebo thing going on too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

I don't think you're really understanding how helmets are designed. Every full-face on the market has 180 degrees of vision laterally (more than the eye can see) and even the cheap helmets have about 120 degrees vertically (about equal to how far up and down you can see). My helmet only cost $150 and the only part of it that I can see while wearing it is a gray haze at the very bottom of my vision where the chin bar sits.

There was some H-D dude on here who was convinced that he couldn't see out of a full-face helmet either, though, and used that as an excuse to wear a shorty, so maybe there's some psychological placebo thing going on too.

It's also impossible to feel the freedom in a full-face helmet too. You must just hate freedom.