Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoBtheImpaler
Oct 11, 2002
Dinosaur Gum
Hey there, one-off rotary-powered racebike!

quote:

Details: 588cc twin rotor Wankel, fuel injected. Electric water pump ducted fan air-cooling for rotors, fly by wire throttle. 170bhp @ 11.500rpm, twin spar aluminium frame by Spondon, Ohlins fork and Ohlins long-stroke single sided rear shock, AP racing radial calipers, Dymag 16,5 inch wheels, carbon fibre body work and 130kg dry weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
high rpm, low weight, fewer moving parts, i'd say rotaries would be great for bikes. awesome.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
http://www.nortonmotors.co.uk/Rotary%20Racing.htm

John Player Rotary Nortons schocking the poo poo out of everyone back in the day. Also the black and gold Players Special paintjob was killer.

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows
I"m thinking about trading my gixxer 600 for this:

http://tinyurl.com/y7a2yr

I'm trying to work a deal with the guy right now. I'll probably do it for the right price. What do you guys think?

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
Do I win an award for strangest bikes in a group ride?

1988 BMW R100RS, 2005 BMW R1200GS, I have zero idea what the hell the other yellow BMW is, then a 2006 Triumph Daytona 675, 2006 Ducati Sportclassic Sport1000 that has about every accessory possible including Termis, a Triumph Tiger, and my 2000 CBR.

The Daytona was still in the break-in period, he said it was the last brand new yellow 2006 675 sold in the US. I wish I had a better camera for the Sport1000. It was by far the sexiest bike there. Its what I want for when I get older I decided.

Portable591
Oct 3, 2002

Kagari Mafia Ringleader and ray tracing EXPERT
The yellow BMW is an F650GS. I don't really see any strange bikes there, though.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Portable591 posted:

The yellow BMW is an F650GS. I don't really see any strange bikes there, though.

I normally ride only with Japanese sportbikes, not by choice, just that my friends happen to have them. This is a new group, more of an older crowd I guess. I was the youngest by 10+ years.

This is the second time I've ever seen a Duc up close and probably the same for a Triumph.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST
Yeah, one of my good friends that I ride with has a red 675 and yes it is a sexy bike. It's pretty narrow too.

Portable591
Oct 3, 2002

iroc_dis posted:

I normally ride only with Japanese sportbikes, not by choice, just that my friends happen to have them. This is a new group, more of an older crowd I guess. I was the youngest by 10+ years.

When I see a group of bikes like that, it gives me hope that one day we might see a full range of bikes available here in the states. :unsmith:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

cmorrow001 posted:

I"m thinking about trading my gixxer 600 for this:

http://tinyurl.com/y7a2yr

I'm trying to work a deal with the guy right now. I'll probably do it for the right price. What do you guys think?

:argh: Do it!

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST
yeah this made me laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdyMSYxLyo&NR

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Wow. I wonder how much damage he did to those fairings.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

orinth posted:

yeah this made me laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdyMSYxLyo&NR

Ooops, that did not turn out the way he planned.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ok, I know I have requested this before, and I feel like an rear end doing it again, but I have lost these pics AGAIN!

Can someone post the series of the old CB750 all decked out with modern suspension, brakes, wheels, etc? Its orange, I believe, and its hot as poo poo.

TIA GOONZ

Away Message
Apr 8, 2003

HELLO GOON

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Away Message posted:

HELLO GOON

Oh God I love you. I wont lose them this time, I promise.

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.
Sunny Sunday ride, took a wrong turn and ended up with a nice view over a citrus orchard:

lol licenseplate

edit: hurr tables

Sound Mr. Brown fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 15, 2006

miklm
Dec 7, 2003

What a cunning fellow.

miklm fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Nov 15, 2006

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

high rpm, low weight, fewer moving parts, i'd say rotaries would be great for bikes. awesome.

The production rotary Nortons were super heavy and suffered from cooling problems, though that was a long time ago and I think it might be time to give rotary bikes another shot.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

rocco tuna posted:

cooling problems
yeah i think all mazda's rotaries had problems with that. all rx7s have huge fans on them that go nuts when you first start them up, to deal with it.
if only in the interests of variety, i wish there were a lot more unusual engines out there like rotaries. pistons are so 1895.

intel_killer
Mar 8, 2006

Awwww Nuts!
Well if retro is cool, I think we should all go back to steam powered bikes :)

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

intel_killer posted:

Well if retro is cool, I think we should all go back to steam powered bikes :)
Like these?

docbaily
Mar 22, 2004

Tripsarly Fraotoc

Mapless posted:

Like these?

I think you might be on to something.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Here is where my 1991 CR500R stands now.

I have a lot planned for it, my YZ250F and the RD200 this winter.

dfn_doe
Apr 12, 2005
I FOR ONE WELCOME OUR NEW STUPID FUCKING CATCHPHRASE OVERLORDS

DefaultPeanut posted:

I would love to get the engine from one of these to bolt up into my nt650 frame. My bike mechanic has a track bike built like that (nt650 frame, cbr600 frontend, cr500R engine) and the only word I've ever heard him use to describe riding it is "violent".

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DefaultPeanut posted:

I have a lot planned for it, my YZ250F and the RD200 this winter.

Holy poo poo, CR500's are loving wild animals. Have fun with that thing, even if you weighed 900lbs, that bike would still peel your face off. Be careful!

inolen
Dec 10, 2003
Haha, nice video clips orinth!

Just got my bike prettied up (just need a front fairing stay and it'll have all its fairings once again).

inolen fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 15, 2006

Portable591
Oct 3, 2002

That's a massive rear sprocket. I thought it was a brake disc at first.

Blackaxis
Nov 23, 2002
Irate Southerner

inolen posted:

Just got my bike prettied up (just need a front fairing stay and it'll have all it's fairings once again).

How does it not lose oil pressure?

GP035
Feb 15, 2005

It's Clutch Time!

Blackaxis posted:

Well, for one, it's not an SV so it doesn't have that front cylinder oil starvation issue. :q:

Erotic Moose
Sep 12, 2003
Moose Captain

inolen posted:

Just got my bike prettied up (just need a front fairing stay and it'll have all its fairings once again).

I got a 02 F4i fairing stay that I'll sell ya for $50 shipped and a Powers 12 bar that I might sell if you are interested.

Erotic Moose fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 15, 2006

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Blackaxis posted:

I don't know, I've never had that problem with the f4i (although I've seen a lot of 99-02 GSX-R's and SV's blow motors due to it) :confused:

Erotic Moose posted:

I got a 02 F4i fairing stay that I'll sell ya for $50 shipped and a Powers 12 bar that I might sell if you are interested.

I have a stock fairing stay, but they are pretty weak. My friend is welding me one together right now, just waiting on him to get it shipped out..

Also, I already have a "bar" on there, it just wraps around the inside of my tail.

inolen fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 15, 2006

Erotic Moose
Sep 12, 2003
Moose Captain
Ah yeah thats what I figured, I didnt like the feel of my friends though, throws me off on scrapes.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?

Phat_Albert posted:

Holy poo poo, CR500's are loving wild animals. Have fun with that thing, even if you weighed 900lbs, that bike would still peel your face off. Be careful!

I am only 155 lbs.

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches
RACING

intel_killer
Mar 8, 2006

Awwww Nuts!

Skier posted:

RACING

Across the double yellow :colbert: , and in 6th .... phhht How dare you post in AI :D

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DefaultPeanut posted:

I am only 155 lbs.

Oh God that has to be insane.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Here are a few pictures fomr the Milan Show.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

What is this bike?
http://ducati.smugmug.com/gallery/2134768/6/110559686/Large

It looks like sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dfn_doe
Apr 12, 2005
I FOR ONE WELCOME OUR NEW STUPID FUCKING CATCHPHRASE OVERLORDS

Uthor posted:

What is this bike?
http://ducati.smugmug.com/gallery/2134768/6/110559686/Large

It looks like sex.

Cagiva Raptor 125... I'd rather have the 650 4 stroke version though personally...