Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

[working title posted:

]

this guy is having what looks like a lot of fun

Trials riding is so awesome. Even better is trials bicycling. Look up Ryan Leech on YouTube for some sick riding ability.

Here's the bike I'm currently lusting after:

2007 Aprilia Shiver 750. 97hp 750cc v-twin, 189 kilos. PLEASE PLEASE APRILIA BRING IT TO CANADA!!! (Not that I can afford one right now anyway)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

RealDealNamowicz posted:

drat some of the poo poo he does is goddamn amazing.

I like the flinch the guy on the ground does when he skids the bike to within this || close. Like, I trust you man, but I loving felt that one!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Wicaeed posted:

God that MV is about 1000 times sexier than any Ducati 1098 I've seen. They had one at the yearly bike expo in Santa Clara. It's about 10x sexier in person

At the Toronto bike show someone brought one of these up to "test the waters" so to speak...
http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta/07_F4_CC.html
It is without question the finest, most beautiful, most exquisitely detailed bike I've ever seen. Not even the best custom build could come close to it. Its only flaw is that you would never want to ride it lest an errant bug mar its perfect surface.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Silver posted:

I had to double check and make sure I wasn't in the megathread, this is the pictures and video thread.

What the gently caress?

Pictures!

holy poo poo you're right, I thought I was reading the megathread too!
Well, I don't have any recent pics so I'll just share one of my dream bike, and now that I'm planning to move to europe where they actually sold a few, that dream is getting closer

also, is that... a dog? on that bike?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

ElehemEare posted:

My dad did this back when I was seven or eight years old. Except it was a 1987 Honda Goldwing GL1200 in our living room on the white carpet. Upstairs.

I'm sure it was a contributing factor to the eventual divorce.

To contribute, god I want a two smoke.

This works too I guess, but it's just not the same.

As an aside, I'm considering making a serious bid on the RZ500. Does anyone know where one could source a replacement lower left fairing? This one is cosmetically damaged, and Airtech Streamlining only sells a full replacement that requires modification of the mounting brackets.

god I want that VFR. I love those VFR 400s and hopefully once I'm living in the UK I can look into buying one.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

ElehemEare posted:

2005 R6 for sale in Moncton, NB, Canada.

I have an explanation for the bad spelling and grammar, and well, pretty much everything else too:
francophone

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I'll tell you what's nms; the fact that she looks like a man.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Oh man I think I found my next bike

Honda FMX650

Of course I'd want something for distance touring, maybe a Cagiva Raptor 650? :D

Italian styling, Suzuki drivetrain.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I got that pic from the UK autotrader and I believe the ad stated it was lowered for the previous owner which could account for the droopy butt. Other pics I've looked up don't have that look. It's still pretty fine looking, and the reviews I've read so far have been nothing short of glowing.
Just saw the new Guzzi V7 Classic... want one of those too :)

here's a more normal look for an '01 raptor

And from the :wtc: file:

from
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2007/11/20/tilting-v-max-trike-by-tilting-motor-works/

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 18, 2008

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Birthday Pony posted:

I just got my first bike!
2005 sv650.

nice ride, SV's sound fantastic with that Yosh RS3 pipe. Be honest, was it at least partly the sound that sold you on the bike? (I know the sound pretty much sold me on my VFR)

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ripoff posted:

I'm starting a Honda collection.

Except I don't collect the old ones, or the truly unique ones, or the race bikes. I collect the fatties.

By the way, the 5th Gen VFR is a loving hoot to ride. I did 4 hours on it yesterday bringing it back from SC, and it's definitely suited for taking long rides. The only complaints I have are that the engine runs ridiculously loving hot and it makes 95 degree weather really un-fun, and that it's pretty unhappy until it gets up to about 160 degrees. Once past that it's a shitload of fun.

Now to just find a Hindle exhaust and open up the V-4. :fap:

Nice, I haven't seen a yellow one before! I haven't heard a Hindle pipe yet that I liked the sound of, but then I've only heard them on inline 4 600s and one R1. I've got a Micron on my 750 and it sounds super sweet.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

finally got some pics off my cellphone (the bluetooth quit working)

I wasn't enamored with the Ducati 1098... until I saw it in black

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Phat_Albert posted:

So I ran out and bought a 2000 Bandit 1200 tonight.

14K miles, in great condition cosmetically, middle-aged dude owned, brand new oil pan (because the PO stripped the pan overtightening it), Two Bros pipe, barkbusters (weird), zero grav windscreen, etc etc etc.

I havent had a chance to drive it really yet, other than the test drive, so I dont have any riding impressions other than "Holy poo poo, torque". It also came with a Clymer and a cover.

This is the first bike I've owned that is both >750cc and somewhat new, so it should be fun. I really, really love vintage bikes, but its nice to be back in the land of scary powerful brakes, 180mm tires, parts availability, and push-button starts again.

Here it is in the eBay parts sales holding tank:

Click here for the full 960x1280 image.

And here it is intimidating the AARP crew in the back:

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

The plan is slow upgrades. Radial masters for brake and clutch, conversion to naked over the winter, any jetting changes that need to be made, digital gauges, and whatever else catches my fancy.

I'd love to hear what that sounds like with the two brothers' pipe on it. You can hear a muffled bassiness on my friend's Bandit with the stock pipe, like there's something really mean in there kept on a very short leash, but the stock pipe muffles the the hell out of it.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

the letter b posted:

Nice shots.. I'm assuming that L means 'learner' and if so holy poo poo you can legally ride those things around as a learner?

up here in the True North Strong And Free, you write can write your learners test (multiple choice, no practical), sling your leg over your new 'busa and ride off into the sunset. Well not quite, you're restricted to riding between sunup and sundown, and no motorways.
It's only good for 90 days though, so you have to either renew it by writing the test again (the squidliest option), or do the MOT practical assessment. The proper option is to do the approved motorcycle safety course, but that's $400 and who's got that kind of money when you just financed a new R1 with $500 down that you're going to sell at the end of the summer anyway? (if you haven't killed yourself, that is)

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

rope kid posted:

I think I remember looking up how much those things go for these days and was :smith:

e: holy poo poo... this... this may be the greatest color scheme I have ever seen on a motorcycle:

hell yes! That's one of the all time classics!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Went to the Toronto bike show last weekend as I was in town and my friend wanted to go buy some gear. All the usual suspects were there, nothing really that I hadn't already seen last spring. There was an interesting KTM dirt bike that had been converted to a ski on the front and driving a track on the back, so sort of a snomobike. Weird. In the videos they were showing of it playing in the snow, it didn't look very stable. The riders looked like they had their hands full keeping it upright.
In amongst the classic racers and assorted eclectic machinery was this gem.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Worth the price of admission! My friend got better pictures on his real camera but I've only got this cellphone pic.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Dubs posted:

shortcut?

bike lane. :v:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I went to the London motorcycle show yesterday. Thought I'd find a lot more to take pictures of, was a little disappointed. Here's a few I took shots of. I probably should have taken some pictures in the classic bike display, but I was on a helmet buying mission!

First, a carbon fiber Bimota. Probably expensive.

Second, a regular Bimota, same model. Probably still expensive.
There was a fully faired one there, but I couldn't get a clear photo of it.

Next up, a Kawi ER-6N in a really nice metal flake orange. Nice bike, comfortable, cool looking, capable from the reviews I've read. I'd like to ride one to see how I like it.

BMW WSB machine made from pure unobtanium.

BMW HP2 Megamoto. I was really keen to sit on this because the last show I was at it was cordoned off. The thing that struck me as weird was how much rake there was on the forks. It's practically cruiser-like!
I really want to take one of these for a ride.

Sorry that's all I've got! The KTM booth was waaay crowded with people, no way to get a clear picture of any of the bikes, sweet as they were.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

While I'm at it, here are some pics of some Sachs bikes from about a month ago taken at my local shop.

I know nothing about these bikes except that the MADASS 125 looks totally MADASS!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Phy posted:

Different bikes. Check the front suspension, the Tesi has that crazy-rear end hub-center steering. (I believe every Tesi has done that.)

oh poo poo you're right! They're totally different now that I look at the pics. I probably realized this when I took the pictures, but not when I posted them :).

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

nice good condition CBR400RR parked down the street:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Bird-o-matic posted:

That guy better watch out for these cops...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p31Uu536WQA
what an epic gun battle that would be!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Saw this on my way home today. Haven't had a chance to google it yet, so I have no idea what it is other than electric and Vectrix.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ola posted:

Well, that's pretty much all it is. Heavy and expensive, but a proper electric scooter available right now. At least I think it is.

Weight wise it's 234kg, halfway between a T-Max and a Silver Wing, so not out of line for a maxi-scoot. One price I found on a brief search shows 7k pounds/11k euro so pricey, but not unreasonable. Less than a lovely car, anyway. 35-55 (55-88km) mile estimated range, 100kph top speed. It's a start, at least.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Christoff posted:

wheelies and stoppies all day long!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

New Guzzi V7 Cafe Classic

I think the moon just hit my eye like-a big pizza pie.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

ari.gato posted:

How's that C7 Cafe compare to a Thruxton? The Thruxton was originally on my "next bike once the recession ends" list, but if the Guzzi is better, I might make the switch.

from the brief bit I read about it, it's the same as the V7 Classic which gets consistent "nicer than the equivalent Triumph Bonneville" reviews, but compared to the Thruxton it doesn't have the same punch. It's a 50hp/40 foot pounds bike.
here's a review:
http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/2009-moto-guzzi-v7-cafe-classic-review-88191.html
with more pictures at the bottom

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

blugu64 posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ksKNy9vZ6U
Youtube - constantly proving there are people with less mental sanity then you since 2005.

now I know what's going through the mind of someone who buys a Kawasaki because of the green.

Here's a scooter with a custom wrap/paint job from the bike lot at work.

just in case you'd like to do something similar to your bike, maybe in green, here's the URL

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Zool posted:

How the hell is it balancing, or does the little girl rock it off the center stand?

probably on the center stand. If the rear tire is even a little bit on the ground it'll go. Scooter center stands are designed for ease of use and basically take no effort to move off the stand.
Actually if memory serves, they're designed to be able to be driven away from parked on-stand.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

just a sweet Street Triple R in the bike bay at work:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Spartak posted:

that Guzzi reminds of the of the AJS V4:

Click here for the full 1389x752 image.

A watercooled, supercharged, British v4 made in 1939!

It was stupidly powerful for the time, but like the Guzzi kept on melting/exploding.

It's like cavemen designing and racing formula 1 cars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AJS_V4

good lord I can't even imagine the sound that thing would make!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Dwight Eisenhower posted:

I didn't see this posted yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ep1osg6vQ

:aaaaa: The physics involved aren't that mind boggling, the amount of body control required absolutely is. :aaaaa:

that's wild! It probably helps that the bike probably doesn't weigh much more than him.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

I love how 90% of the people they "prank" don't even react. :rolleyes:

and the one chick who runs out is obviously a plant

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Dubs posted:

Prettiest.

I saw that yellow one parked at work, but I was in a hurry so I didn't stop for a closer look. Time to look up some reviews!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Jack the Smack posted:

Haha, I found this on a thread bashing harley riders:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8fkd1eTQ7U

idiot or not, what kind of person doesn't stop to help?
you've got a motorhome that is probably the only vehicle capable of taking the guy to a hospital or at least a populated area where he can get help. At least make sure he's ok to ride.
When I crashed my bike, people were tripping over themselves to help me out and make sure I was ok. It's loving disgusting that those cretins in the motorhome didn't stop.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Harley Davidson Lifestyle Marketing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKpOm_H7cbQ

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

more content:

Moto Guzzi LeMans. I've never seen one in person before. I prefer the naked, but this one is still big and beautiful.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

v:shobon:v

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

a bit of google-fu reveals it to be a 1978 Lambretta chopper

quote:

Reg as 125 with 200 engine fitted painted in BMW pacific blue with chrome extended forks and dampers, chrome rims, chrome bates headlight, chrome handle bars, sundance grips, mini sports speedo, chrome beedspeed gear change / throttle and levers, 22m jetex carb, polished side casing, stainless steel scootsrs exhaust, leather seat, 12v ignition, electrics under seat and boxed in nicely, all cables and loom though the frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Phat_Albert posted:

That headstock is cartoonishly huge

that everything is cartoonishly huge