Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
the bike i would love to own more than any other, i think.
a mid 1930s BMW R12. or maybe an R16 would be nice too.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
war: good
tits: bad

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
high rpm, low weight, fewer moving parts, i'd say rotaries would be great for bikes. awesome.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

rocco tuna posted:

cooling problems
yeah i think all mazda's rotaries had problems with that. all rx7s have huge fans on them that go nuts when you first start them up, to deal with it.
if only in the interests of variety, i wish there were a lot more unusual engines out there like rotaries. pistons are so 1895.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
i wish i was as cool as that guy :(

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Sound Mr. Brown posted:

Someone skipped the MSF course...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4543794775092093202&q=sv650

"ohh poo poo"

lolling. sv650 has a pretty cool sound, though. that's one thing i don't like about my old boxer, it has a very un-motorbike-like sound, just a mild rrrrr thing. it actually sounds far cooler if one cylinder stops firing so you get a more punchy ptptptptptpt tune. except then it can't really go uphill.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Valfar posted:

Well this sure looks like a great idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDQV085PXHw
i'm gonna be laughing at "left leg ow" for a while

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

DILLIGAF posted:

Does anyone make reinforced forks for those jackasses? They might be cool to have on an adventure bike to up[ the "rugged" factor a bit.
my bike has special heavy duty forks for stoppies in all conditions

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

BoBtheImpaler posted:

PS - Speaking of, whatever happened to the HP2 "Megamoto"? Did it ever come out? I don't see it on BMW's site. Did the US just not get it?
i recall hearing a fair bit of press about it, but i can't recall where. dunno how retail sales are doing. there's an article about it in the latest bmw club magazine. they say it's awesome, but they say that about all bmw bikes. i sure like the look of it though.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
i SO want one of those diesel marine bikes from milsurp.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

campaign posters for yulia tymoshenko, either current or former prime minister of ukraine. i forget which, there's all kinds of complicated poo poo going on over there.

she doesn't restrict herself with a puny 600cc sport bike like all you weenies here.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
i heard the other poster had a phrase that made reference to charlie's angels: full throttle or something.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Jazzzzz posted:

HOLY BALLS
i'm not sure megadeth is hardcore enough for those guys. those guys are hardcore. holy balls.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

open24hours posted:

These things look so weird with their lights sticking out like that, but I think it looks really cool.
http://www.whouse.jp/cb750cafe_image/cafe_slideshow/frameset.html
weird as gently caress. i like them.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

R-Type posted:

Never, ever get caught in the sonic boom wash of a ZX-14.

zx14 guy looks like his feet are dragging on the ground. is this "take a newbie racing" day?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Jolci posted:

This is a parody of something, right? Right?!
this one isn't

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/Riders/Creed_Video.jsp?locale=en_US&bmLocale=en_US&camp_id=13&source_cd=DrivePM_expcreed

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
is that a v-strom? good, i hate those ugly things.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
the on-bike camera is awesome. it looks like he just floated up like he was on wires, and it doesn't even look like a hard landing.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

inolen posted:

clutch cable snapped.
how in the hell does that happen

they are like braided steel cable

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Z3n posted:

and the YZF-600's are called "Thundercats".
does it actually say thundercat on it? can i buy one and pretend i'm lion-o?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
ireland and scotland are some of the highest places on my list that i'd like to ride around the world

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
well it's just a cruisered goldwing isnt it? 1800cc right? 300 more than my car.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
monkey should have gotten a gs500 instead of a busa
he's not welcome in #bieks

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Pweller posted:

Welcome to the internet, where petty, judgmental opinions come to light and offer insight as to how people think in real life.

You're an easy target for people to vent their frustrations, roll with it.
thanks for contributing to the cycle pictures thread

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
cordura tu-tu

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
not a beemer. an older ural or changjiang. beyond that i have no idea.
both of those are copies of a bmw, though.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
new urals have an earles fork and disc brakes.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Bob Morales posted:

Yes, that's a girl riding it.
no wonder it crashed!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
i can't believe they regard it as a likely or viable action to fire a gun from a moving motorcycle. that's nuts.

WTFBEES posted:

i want.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Ripoff posted:

Oh and something awesome: 1941 BMW R-bike with 4-speed shifter. That thing was loving cool.
R12, made from 1936 or so until the end of ww2. 750cc side-valve, 18hp. first production bike to have telescopic front forks i think. for the longest time, this was BMW's best selling model of all time. like 150,000 of them. the R1200GS may or may not have beaten that by now, i don't remember.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

`Nemesis posted:

Can that video be our standard response every time someone comes into AI thinking a supersport is a perfectly fine first bike?
no because all it takes is a steady wrist, i won't do that on my new R1

your argument falls flat

i think it's also clear from where his "instructor" friend is standing (right in front of a goddamn liter bike with someone riding it who's never squeezed a clutch before) that he doesn't know what the hell is up with bikes either

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 27, 2008

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Trintintin posted:

What the hell did he even do, I've watched it three times and what caused him to just rev the piss out of it then drop the clutch for no reason. Also I can only assume that was his brand new bike, since both of the other guys are laughing hysterically and not beating the poo poo out of him for destroying the bike.
my guess is he had no sense of appropriate motion on his throttle wrist, so revved it more than necessary, and had never used a hand lever clutch before, so forgot that when you grab it the bike stops and when you let go the bike goes fast. put the two together and you get funny youtube videos.

that's why the msf teaches clutch use first without using the throttle.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

:cool:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
rimtape rimtape rimtape

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
mine has a front swingarm! but not a single sided one...

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
looks like it's mad and it's trying to punch someone but it can't because of its itty bitty tyrannosaur arms

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
all of a sudden i like mopeds and rap

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
front cartwheel on a straight road with no impact? that guy has skills.
although i don't see what's so bad about it considering he was wearing gear and he didnt run into anything. just needs a new (more powerful so he can pass trucks faster) bike.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
and look at how gentle he lands the front end, i dont even see the shocks move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
yeah that looks like the problem. he saw that he went into the turn too hot, but instead of holding throttle and leaning more, he hit the brakes, leading to a yet wider turn.