Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
No, there's not enough pouches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

FunkyJunk posted:

MCN's not exactly the most reliable source.

Since when the hell has the VTR250 been available in America for years? Unless they're referring to Central and/or South America, in which case I have no idea if it's been sold there or not.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Please, please tell me those are Michelins.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

orinth posted:

Pilot Powers!

Sweet. Bibendum does exist!

Sidenote: When I was a kid I always wondered why the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man was selling tires.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
What the heck is that thing scrambling down the geography in the first pic?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Edit: Wait, no, I'm a twit.

Anyway dude's got some sack taking a Hyosung down that stuff.

Phy fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 14, 2008

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wish I'd scanned my Sherpa's shop manual. In the electrical section it had a little diagram of the battery going "Shoosh".

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I didn't know they made over-under central exhaust.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wasn't there just a pilonidal cyst thread in GBS? I hear it's almost a biannual thing.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
What's the word on posting pictures of non-goons? I went on a day ride on Saturday, and posted a ride report on one of the klr boards, mostly :words: but some pictures, including the guys I was riding with, and I was thinking of crossposting it here.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
God drat do I ever wish more bikes still looked like this:

There was one of these at the dealer the other day when I was trying on boots, and I'm glad I didn't have the klr with me, it woulda been a fight with myself to find out what they'd take for it in trade

An adventure/ds bike with an extensive rack system, simple mechanics, and crash protection is the bike of my head. A big fuckoff retro UJM with a square bikini fairing is the bike of my heart.

Phy fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 2, 2008

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I loving love the horn.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Z3n posted:

Bandit 12 :psypop:

My god, that's straight out of a western. "Threw one rider, killed the second, picked up cheap at auction, third rider barely touched 'er. She's a mean one, mister, and no mistake."

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah, a T-Rex looks cohesive.

I'm pretty sure that's a YZF600R in the back there. Maybe it undocks and the front becomes a jet fighter like some sweet-rear end MASK vehicle.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
God drat, dude. Do you even own a single bike that is not intense?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh god

ROCK HARD

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

pr0zac posted:

Honestly, if I owned that bike I'd be tempted to ride around like that just to see how long it would take to show up on the internet. Its so hilariously douchey, everyone who knows bikes would be trying to take your picture.

I guess if you don't mind being known as The Douche On The Desmo

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

ReggieCelsius posted:

It's even better from the front. Like riding a frightened Autobot:

Click here for the full 520x781 image.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Linedance posted:

First, a carbon fiber Bimota. Probably expensive.

Second, a regular Bimota, same model. Probably still expensive.
There was a fully faired one there, but I couldn't get a clear photo of it.

Different bikes. Check the front suspension, the Tesi has that crazy-rear end hub-center steering. (I believe every Tesi has done that.)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ola posted:

A sportbike would leave that bike in the dust easily. But I bet that guy will outride most sportbikes that come to visit Deal's Gap. :)

I googled for naked Goldwings, this came up high: http://www.nakedgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4781 Woof!

Ill as all hell, this thing.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Retarded Pimp posted:

A motorcycle movie trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOaYQTHNTrc

An achingly Canadian motorcycle movie trailer

Phy fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 4, 2009

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is it bad that I was more concerned about the Desmo than the dude?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Z3n posted:

Fabio is so much cooler now.

Needs the white tank and sidecovers from the classic.

(White bikes are the sexiest)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Linedance posted:

from the brief bit I read about it, it's the same as the V7 Classic which gets consistent "nicer than the equivalent Triumph Bonneville" reviews, but compared to the Thruxton it doesn't have the same punch. It's a 50hp/40 foot pounds bike.
here's a review:
http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/2009-moto-guzzi-v7-cafe-classic-review-88191.html
with more pictures at the bottom

Actually I think the regular Bonnie outperforms it as well, the different cams in the Thruxton only add a couple of horse (not sure what they do to the power curve).

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

rope kid posted:

oh cool looks like it's not coming to the u.s.

:italy:
Have they said that specifically? If the Classic does well here, I bet they'll trot the Cafe over.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ola posted:

Needs to draw the liquid from the fuel tank and some form of igniter.

Need this on the Y2K bike.

e: Yes I know it's still chain driven. A man can dream.

Phy fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 7, 2009

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slim Pickens posted:

For some reason with the rider on it reminds me of those giant trapezoid-treaded WWI tanks.

e: Seconding the flyscreen vastly improving that awful little beanie the Triumph normally wears

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

8ender posted:

I'd say when you've bought this sort of bike you've gone beyond a motorcycle and are really just driving around a two wheeled convertible car with funny steering.

Cars aren't that clustered, this thing clearly sprouts wings and a jet turbine

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I block crosswalks alla time, usually to get sightlines around corners and out of driveways, but at least I know I'm doing it.

When you got your license, did they not give you a little manual to study from? Did you select 80% of the pages (or whatever the required passing grade was) and study only from those to the exclusion of all else?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jack the Smack posted:

a bunch of other things like that that I don't know.

Obviously.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh JTS :allears:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dubs posted:

The dealer where I bought my klr sells benelli. Or at least they have a few on the sales floor, and have for the past three years. I've never seen one around town so no idea if anyone here actually buys them.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
For cornering a Busa sumo-style.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen a bike outside of TRON or a Rokon where the front tire was the size of a back tire

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Phat_Albert posted:

How the hell do you even do that when the bike is presumably moving at a normal pace?

Is this the tail end of a failed endo?

He's Jet Li in The One

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Linedance posted:

apparently the stub-nosed look is Honda's new design feature.

I like how you say that and then immediately post the shark.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is that actually a Triton? I mean the frame looks featherbeddy enough but I can't identify Triumph engines at a glance.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fantastipotamus posted:

Yeah, I'm going to agree with this. That's one of the best looking busa's I've seen.

You guys are on crack and the gixxer tail is crazy disproportionate compared to the great fat fairing that's still on the bike. This is that bike:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slim Pickens posted:

Just a future heads-up,

You never button the bottom button of a suit, unless it's a 1-button suit of course.

I actually just found this out buying my second ever suit

Why the hell do they provide a button and closure if you're not supposed to use it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
What the Can-Am Spyder wishes it saw in the mirror every time it vomits up a caesar salad.