Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
My after work dual sporting ritual: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cPxyXWbTSA

If you've never seen a motorcycle almost run over a fish before, well, here ya go.

Also before accusations fly I just want to point out that a wide angle lens pointed downward exaggerates the perception of speed when I goose it through first and second on a wide street with no moving cars or people and unrestricted visibility. So, yea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Zool posted:

You should point that thing up a little more. It's a little weird only being able to see four feet in front of the bike in the video.

Yup, I'm still playing with mounting the camera.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

KidDynamite posted:

What a loving toolbag. I never got the big deal over putting your knee down. Good god.

Yea that video seemed like a big pain in the rear end for nothing.

Now the photo of that guy dragging his head on the scooter, that is worth a pain in the rear end.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Phat_Albert posted:

This guy is awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nlq561aT08&feature=related

I think this is the first time I've ever thought riding a harley looked fun. Awesome.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Does anybody else hear proud Hayabusa owners pronouncing it "Huh-boosa" whenever people talk motorcycles in real life?

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Is there a guy with a high pressure air jet pointing at her face from just behind the camera?

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Clank posted:

I do not understand huge trikes with tons of wind protection. Just buy a car.

They're the less successful version of the people who tow a goldwing/trike behind an RV.

If you don't have to use it as transportation, why do you want it to be the hugest most difficult/expensive thing to ride?

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

pr0zac posted:

Everyone watch this immediately. I won't ruin the results but its absolutely brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPNs3v4m7TA

That video was pretty awesome. Didn't Top Gear do the same thing a few years back with the opposite results?

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Nomex posted:

I'm lovin the ultralight chain.

ALL SHOW NO GO!

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Got a GoPro for xmas, finally tried out one of the helmet mounts today.

First video so (of course) it ended up pointed way too far down, but I made this short clip showing how slowing down and reducing handlebar input on a muddy section almost gave me a face full of dirt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojvH47SFZeI

It doesn't look very dramatic but if it's happened to you you'll know the feeling!

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Next time we should pour some red bull in the gas tank so these bikes stop being so damned sleepy!

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Silver posted:

OH REA OHREAOHREA OH REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Ung when does the season start? Damnit!~!

content, Honda dealers are p vindictive n poo poo.

This is like one of those chain emails about how Starbucks is actively poisoning the coffee of US Soldiers, except made into a tangible item.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Armyman25 posted:

Australian biker gang funeral procession, circa 1975.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOCIVvxR-50&feature=related

Guys if I die and you throw a funeral please don't drive my coffin around on a go-kart.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Armyman25 posted:

The Safety vest he has on makes me wonder if he's not in the military.

As long as he's wearing the approved PPE, his motorcycle packet is filled out properly, and alcohol is not a factor there is no possible way he can hurt himself.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Gnaghi posted:

This is a front flip...well almost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJK92LihhAk

From the related videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDBrdl2sZWs&NR=1

Is there anything this man does that won't make me feel like the wimpiest and most boring loser of all time?

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Russian Bear posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzg0rcMvypM&feature=player_embedded#at=136

I don't even know what to think :psyduck:

If he had just put the rider's station 6 inches further back in a little trailer behind the bike he could've gotten a lot more detail on that panther

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Wow that is like the opposite of ballin' when it's done in a 2 bedroom condo and not some rich guy's mansion.

Also waste of a bike.

Also hazard.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
What do you do in a 2 wheeled, canopy-enclosed vehicle when you fall over in traffic? Die?

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
I want to believe it's fake, but who could be skilled enough to play on our expectations so perfectly? And if it's real, who could actually be like that? :psyduck:

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

This looks like an excerpt from the beginning of Idiocracy. "But thanks to recent advances in stem cell research and the fine work of Doctors Krinski and Altschuler, Clevon should regain full reproductive function."

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Remember in that GI Joe PSA edit where Lady Jane can't find her cigarettes and the little girl is tripping out because she sees the little boy hover across a ditch and she says "I don't think you can do that."

Yeah, I don't think you can do that.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Fuuuck I want that guy to be my life coach.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Wow stunters have gotten crazy.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Haha, these guys are like a swarm of angry bees with no stingers. Their little revenge blasts kill me; it's like vigilante street justice, but the only weapon is DANCING. Just keep revving and swerving around him, that'll show this fucker who is boss!

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Z3n posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIVDL_V_3pQ

Where do I give this man my money.

Am I crazy or is this the guy from Jackass who got his tooth pulled out by a lamborghini?

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

nsaP posted:

Wrong guy from Jackass and no.

Ehren Mcghehey

Dave England

He's the one who poops.

Haha, you're right Dave England is Mr. 3/4 right there.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

ThatCguy posted:

The K1600 GTL has been eating Honda's lunch in the Luxo-tourer market the past few years, so They're moving the oldwing's target more towards the harley demo for guys that want something nicer to cruise on. I know 5 guys that have already put deposits down on one. It's working.

This is the mathematical opposite of a supermoto. If this thing crashed into a supermoto the answer would be 1.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
I was thinking inverse fractions, and bike over bike would make one. If it's positive and negative, it would be zero.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Gullous posted:

The bike rider needs to HTFU and pass that horse.

Is that HM The Queen on the bike?

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

This is the kind of sound that makes me think paying 10k for an old rusty bike so I can spend my next 50 weekends trying to make six carbs run well is a good idea.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Haha, the truck mirrors!

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Man I came to this forum all pumped up from one of the MSF sport bike rider courses as my three year refresher and it turned into helicopter town. Flying under the curve is dangerous but remember that the other axis of that graph is airspeed; cattle herders can keep themselves out of that profile with sufficient airspeed even flying at low altitude. Low inertia rotor systems are not death sentences, though it'll tell you in the operators manual of such an aircraft that completion of a successful hovering autorotation in such a profile is extremely unlikely and the pilot's successful identification of and reaction time to the problem are the greatest factors. Some operators of helicopters (like the Army) prohibit touchdown autorotations for training purposes for certain aircraft (like those with dual engines) due to the likelihood of damage exceeding the likelihood of a dual engine or other failure that would require such a maneuver, however environmental factors can make the single engine operating envelope so narrow that it essentially becomes a power-on descent at max rate of climb airspeed.

Motorcycles typically have zero rotor systems, though I definitely feel the effects of the wheels gyroscoping as increased steering effort when I change from street tires to heavy duty knobbies.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Safety Dance posted:

As long as I can reach the bars over my beer gut, I can point my Harley at the nearest bar.

And that is the story of how ape hangers were born.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
I think we as self hating motorcyclists can agree that it doesn't matter whose fault it is; at least there might be one less motorcyclist in the world. God what a horrible people we are.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

DefaultPeanut posted:

Pity that KTM stopped including bottle openers in the tool kits.

When did this happen? I bought a new one in 2012 and it had the bottle opener.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

LifeSizePotato posted:

I like all the references to the ~*stories*~ they'd tell, as if every one of them is a Sir Richard Burton or Ernest Hemingway type.

The only way to get mad about these videos is if you think that they're all trying to make serious drama. What they're all actually trying to do is shoot the best motorcycle-themed perfume commercial set in the 1970s that they possibly can. If you had a french lady whisper "the new fragrance by Johnny Depp" at the end all these videos would make total sense.

Ambihelical Hexnut fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 5, 2013

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Hahaha

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Gullous posted:

I hope the lotus is a hybrid, go full retard on it.

That tail:

The street legal stuff sure is an afterthought!

I guess it's kind of their magic, but it always makes me laugh to see KTM stapling that little bent bracket with two reflectors onto all their 15k+ bikes. It's like they found a big box of 'em in the back of the warehouse and said 'gently caress it, they're just gonna take it off anyways.'

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

This would hold some water if it weren't for the fact that they all put those ridiculous gigantic hard cases on them making them harder to get through traffic than a loving Goldwing.

:btroll: ADVENTURE COMMUTER :btroll:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Kickstarter projects never come through on time.