Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Went to the Barber Museum today. Pretty cool bikes around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

One of these definitely has a future in my garage. I don't care how hipster that Ducati is. Hopefully that headlight grill pops off, at least.

I never considered an FZ-09 before, but this looks like a lot of fun.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Found one of these guys in my apartment parking lot this morning. Guy had driven down from Chicago to Nashville to pick it up.

Afterwards, I had to go to the dealership to give one a test ride.

Really fun bike. I'm seriously considering getting one when the next shipment comes in.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

I really want to like it, but I just can't.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

At some point, the quality of my video turned to rear end while I fed it to YouTube. But if you have ever wanted to see what it's like to ride from Mentone, AL, to Chattanooga, TN, then I made this video just for you. Hang gliders at around 6:15 before I pull over. Kind of a blink and you miss it thing at this speed, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID76yJICasI

Also, I killed a bug.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-wjy6xP5KA

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

tjones posted:

If you live around Mentone I envy you for having all that in your back yard.

Nashville. I almost went through Huntsville on the way back home, but figured I'd make a trip up Lookout Mountain.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

mrking posted:

Whoa I grew up on Lookout Mountain. Did you stop at Rock City aka the weirdest exhibit of garden gnome art?

Nah. But I've been there before. Growing up, I went to summer camp in the area every year. So trips to Rock City were inevitable. It was pretty fun and unexpected to see a major scene in American Gods happen there. Would be awesome if they actually filmed there for the new series.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

I need an HD wallpaper of that dude in the wave to put on every screen I own.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Presented without comment.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Pseudo Moto Rally in Nashville. Nothing too exciting, but I had fun. That Triumph in the last picture was very pretty.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Renaissance Robot posted:

^^ the only thing I like about the diavel is its number plate mount. That's a sensible place to put it and I wish more bikes did it instead of hanging a huge bit of plastic off the tail.
Scramblers have the same set up (except the Classic). I went to the Official Scrambler Forums© to see if people were doing anything neat to their bikes. All I saw were post after post of people "fixing" their tags by removing that bit and shoving their tags practically under their seats. Haven't gone back.

And one guy put a bunch of anime on his bike.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

I've used an X mount on a few long trips. Never had an issue, though I distrusted the poo poo out of it at first. Now I never use it because I'm too lazy to mount it.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

He filtered in front of a cop, right? That video would have been a lot shorter if he did that where I live.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

http://i.imgur.com/jO5p3dz.webm

Is embedding webm's a thing? Apparently!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Here's a kid having an OK time at a bike race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yu8xiKNgP0

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

We are all sons of Adam.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Jazzzzz posted:

There were so many awesome bikes announced at EICMA this year. The 401 Vitpilen/Svartpilen combo. The CRF250L Rally. The new 790 Duke actually looks pretty cool.

For real. Almost every bike I see from that makes me want to buy another new bike. They all look great. Oddly enough, the new Ducati Scramblers do nothing for me.

Above, the inevitable Cafe Racer and the "why don't you just get a bike that's built for dirt?" Desert Sled. Both are probably still a lot of fun, though.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Pretty cool elf on the shelf you got there.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Friend of mine's R nineT. Couldn't tell you much about the customization since he lives across the country now.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Took this picture of the bike next to mine at work today. Nice snakeskin tubing.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Yeah I live in Tennessee and am terrified of lane splitting. Of course, I was also terrified when I visited California and everyone was doing it

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNwQK_HIHRU

Wear gear

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Sir, your brake light appears to be infected.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

https://youtu.be/w_kIUSr7-is

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/AUPihH6.mp4

Don't know how to post mp4's, and at this point I'm afraid to ask

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

ought ten posted:

Police in a lot of places have “do not chase” orders because chases often end up with the riders or bystanders getting hurt.
Something like that happened in my town the other week.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/crime/2019/03/18/atv-drags-nashville-police-officer-what-we-know/3199926002/

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Once you really look at the way Tom cruise runs, you can’t unsee it and it looks silly as gently caress.

Well he's no Steven Seagal

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

I know electric bikes come with a good handful of compromises that don't thrill anyone who's actually ridden a motorcycle, and I didn't expect it to break into the top half of the leaderboards, but I was still bummed to see it rank below an HD Nightster as a commuter. The actual range figures were surprising. My electric motorcycle has a battery less than half as big than the S2 Del Mar's, and I'm getting around 60 miles around town in sport mode.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

And I think the livewire has some wild recommendation that for every time you use fast charging, you should use level 1 charging 3-4 times. I'm not sure sure how strong that recommendation is. But I imagine following that guidance would ruin someone's commute

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

If you're low on charge and plug in before you go to bed, you should have a decent amount of juice in the morning, even at 110V. If you can't be assed to do that, you're SOL. You could order an extra battery to swap out for some bike models, but they are stupid expensive.

I definitely wouldn't recommend an electric motorcycle to anyone who would need to rely on public chargers. I would be incredibly anxious about where and when I was going to plug in next.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

some kinda jackal posted:

Let's see everyone's eclipse ride pics!

Me and a friend just kind of chilled out on a service road for an hour and it was amazing.

I thought the pic would be better but tbh I spent most of my time actually observing the rare event rather than documenting it.

crossposting:

Professor Wayne posted:

I rode a few hours to watch the total eclipse and set up my helmet cam on to point at my bike and the sun. Of course a minute after I walked away, the jacket it was sitting on shifted, and the sun got out of the view. Still kind of neat, though.

https://i.imgur.com/GZKwapV.mp4

The traffic was terrible. I hope I never have to filter and lane split that much again in my life. And that was mostly avoiding the interstate.

I didn't notice the camera shifting, because I was too distracted.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

^That looks awesome. And I bet 20c felt toasty if you were dressed for 6c

https://i.imgur.com/euy6uvI.mp4