Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbVLF1HOuBg

Did these really fall so far off on sales that they had to be discontinued? I miss mine

There are like 3 or 4 250s left in North America. Not enough people live in sprawling, crowded cities :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

I had a 2002 CB250. Great bike. I never sold it; it was stolen at 18,1xx miles.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

If Honda's truly discontinuing the CBR600RR...

...The comments on that Indonesian market introduction video say that the bike is 250ccs for Indonesia, but 350ccs for other markets. Unfortunately, I think it's a twin, like the R3 (which is built, or at least assembled, in Indonesia). But then, wouldn't that 350ccs eat into sales of the 500R?? Motorcycle business

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Renaissance Robot posted:

First thought: why is there no chain?

Second thought: why is there no saddle? :psyduck:

I think that U-Joint going to the front wheel means it's front wheel drive... Or it was going to be two-wheel drive.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

Fully faired front wheels are not race-legal :spergin:

That's not a fairing, it's a portable tire warmer and brake dust filter :yunick:

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I would still argue that on the street there is no reason to ever lay a bike down on purpose

Hell's Angels Memorial Layer Dan Competition and Fund Raiser

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Depends on the gear ratios. I heard that the 4-speed Suzuki Savage actually had a longer gear spread than the newer 5-speeds. Honda's 4-speed Shadow 600 has the same fourth-gear overdrive that it would have as a 5-speed (something like 0.91... typical overdrive)

With lots of torque, some of them figure that the rider doesn't need one or two intermediary gears.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

What's the proper braking technique for snowmobiles

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

OK so I thought that a combined sprocket/rotor was a joke. How do you keep chain oil off the brake pads?

Chains are a wear item; replace with every oil change.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Didn't they license the molds for the old Honda engines or something?

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

How does scootching off of the seat help the bike turn more at smaller lean angles again? I always thought that it was the curved tire profile that allowed bikes to turn, but if the bike isn't leaned over as much and is turning more, that can't be true.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

How do those spoked wheels work to hold in the air? Those tires don't look like tube tires, and the spokes aren't offset. Did someone come out with some kind of neo air tight spoke wheel while I wasn't looking?

Edit: Nevermind, they are offset spokes. Didn't look hard enough.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Oop, no trees there. Saying revoked.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Collateral Damage posted:

I think it's mostly because of lawsuits. If you can blame someone else you can sue them so businesses take extreme measures to protect themselves from lawsuits, which shows itself as treating everyone like a baby.

Other countries have lawsuits too, don't they? ...Or do they make it more prohibitively difficult to file something than the US does?

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Scooters are total pussy magnets.

They'd better be; one emergency swerve and that cat is going flying.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

I'd read that the Nighthawk S has hydraulic valve lifters, making regular valve adjustments a non-issue. But do you have to split the cases to replace the starter?

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

I don't understand why that article is even on The Onion at all.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Coydog posted:

I'll let someone else post the Mad Max goldwing so I can post this. Finally I don't have to duckwalk backwards out of bad situations!

Can't be much heavier than a GS.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

U guys R freaks... I always pump gas everywhere all over my biek Xcept the gas tank then quickly mop it up with a sponge into the gas tank... 2 get the essense of the bik inside. Freaks

Proof: in french gas is called "essense" that is how I know how 2 do this.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

If anything, that is a wakizashi in execution... Yanagi-san. - Suzuki president Toshihiro Suzuki, probably

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Hoooollllyyyy poo poo the neokatana... ahem... shin katana looks nice.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

But if he learns to ride on not-apehangers, he's going to be at a disadvantage when he gets home to the bike with apehangers.

Solution: Get rid of the apehangers

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Is shifting like that faster? Like, when I was on my bicycle with the similar hand shift, you can go from 3 -> 7 instantly. With the pawl you have to go 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5. I know the action is different—on the bicycle you're pulling this alignment gear to the side, drawing the chain outward—but could you do the same thing to a shift drum?

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

RadioPassive posted:

Loud pipes save lives so I did this to my ninja:

That'd better play "La Cucaracha".

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

That photo was sourced from an alternate universe, where the four turtles are Gioncarlo, Steverino, Xavier, and Robert.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

I don't know what reasonable and logical entity would want lovely prastic topbox over Automatic Homo Sapiens Suspension System Enabling System (AHSSSES). Human beings are good at holding noodle boxes and bad at predicting what the customer really wants.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

DON'T cage brains, they belong in the wild! #PETB

Skulls are murder! Run free, brains! Run freeeeeeeeeeee

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

"I am taking this train OUT OF SERVICE if you don't stop blocking the doors!!"

...Actually, you never hear that anymore, since they started making all the announcements autonomous recordings.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

The bikes may be perfectly fine (if not heavy pigs), but the dedication to fashion and the appeal-to-person advertisement for so long really sours me on them.

The "get a real bike" HD fans also leave such a stain on that same image, even though they're probably the minority of HD owners. I'm not even sure British-only-bike-fans-in-Britain are that bad.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Wow! It's the personal bike of that guy who does all of the Craigslist and Ebay business.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

1 horsepower augmented by threat of gun.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Any bastard capitalists reading this? Start some kind of amusement business solely partnered with electric recharge stations, because riders (and drivers) will have gently caress-all to do as they wait for their vehicles to recharge during long trips.

3-minute fill-ups, fun noise, and entertaining powerbands are the only bastions of performance that gas has over electric now.

Edit: Forgot one more thing: weight! With current battery technology, at least.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

I've found that SAE is good for situations where a bolt has rusted down a half-size. Or sometimes, a bolt was just not made to very stringent quality control specs and makes a metric socket's faces jiggle around it a little.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

I don't understand why the racetracks don't start complaining about the overly loud mcmansions in their backyards.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Motorcycle Ownership Cons:

United States:
1) Generally lovely roads for motorcycling due to much larger landmass, allowing for plethora of straight roads
2) No filtering / lanesplitting in most states
3) "Get a real bike!" (fat potato rev)
4) Paucity of small bikes

Europe:
1) You don't have a motorcycle because it's been stolen
2)Speed cameras

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Slavvy posted:

Good lord what a waste.

Everyone knows turbos work better.

...What would the lag on that one be like?

Are turbine fans light enough now that you can mount them farther away from the engine? Or am I looking at a BMW 2002-kinda situation here.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

If you open your moth you don't even have to stop to eat

Typo but I'm not correcting it

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

A couple of 8-year-olds once implored me, with both shouts and gesticulation, to do a wheelie as I rode by... on a GZ250. I politely raised my hand in deferment.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Fairings work on motorcycles. I think the world record for MPG was, for a while, held by a simple GN125 with a bathtub fairing. The top speed was also greatly increased, probably by whit of a different rear sprocket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I bench synched them with ball bearings,

New technique detected. What is this?