Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Phat_Albert posted:

Real men go on 2,000 mile trips on Honda CT-70's

NO, real men do the iron butt 1000 miles in 24 hours on a yamaha ysr50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
New bike. Yarr!

Yeah, I'm pretty drat happy.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

n8r posted:

I see that you've come to your senses and purchased something that will be out of the shop more than not.

Yeah, I went and picked up the GSXR today, and while riding home I was thinking, man, I'm going to miss this bike. Then when I got home, shut it off, and opened the garage, and it wouldn't start. I'm not going to miss it that much.

edit:

Silver fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Sep 2, 2006

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

ail posted:

You must not be American, for if you were, you would already have purchased a new gixxer on a line of credit you already cannot afford.

For serious.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

DILLIGAF posted:

Whoa, so is this the first time in 10 years that your legs have seen the light of the sun or what?

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Iroc_dis: That's a healthy collection. Hey, where can I get one of the 600RR's and how much do they normally run?

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Killboy pix, whoo!

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Ride report: 02-22-07

I have been watching the weather for the past month just waiting for a nice 70 degree day. Earlier this week was nice as well but my work week is normally busiest at the first of the week, so I stalled out for today. Woke up, drank coffee, took a shower, and rolled out. Pretty good flow of traffic, except for a merge right before 161st on I-44, that backed it up a bit. After that, smooth sailing, until scenic 412 that is.

Scenic 412.

The gateway to the twisties really. You'll probably use this road if you're going to AR or MO. Nice couple of turns before Locust Grove, then head up through Sallisaw to Spavinaw for some even better curves. Through "new road" to Jay, then on a long ride, probably up through 20 into MO to ride highway 90. Today there was a slight hickup in my smooth sailing. It's called wide load.

Some huge railway system stuff or something. Took up most of both lanes and no traffic could go through.

Oh and bonus, while we were waiting another wide load rolled up. Good thing they didn't meet in the middle, as I doubt either one of these guys would have been able to back up.

HERE SHE COMES BOYS!!! No rush though, still took like 5 minutes for it to even get to us.

How many axles does that thing need????? Also it backed up traffic something fierce.

OK, onward an upward through Locust grove and Sallisaw to Spavinaw. Roads right now in Spav are pretty clean. Lots of road kill out and about though, so definitely watch for that, as well as lots of tree damage, but most of that is off on the sides. Fun times.

It wouldn't be an Oklahoma road sign if it didn't have bullet holes. This is the famed Spavinaw horseshoe. A long right that is decreasing radius. Watch for it if you're cruising through Spav and take this one kinda slow.

The Pit Stop. Now closed but used to be a nice little place to stop off for a break. I still want to find out if it's for sale and open it up again.

I didn't get any shots of new road, not really anything on it but turns and chicken farms. Cruised through new road to Jay, decided to get some eats. I am normally of the mind to find someplace local and different. I missed out and went the wrong way. Finally after not seeing anything that looked good, I turned around and had a quick bite at Mcdonalds. Doh, rolled out and went up to get on highway 127 and just a half mile away there was a little bbq shack. I missed out.

Went to go check out highway 127. FYI it's trashed.

Yay for twisties!!

WHOO HOOO, even tighter twisties, but in the middle of these twisties...

Whoa, something in the MIDDLE of the road. No fun.

Oh, a big pile of hay and poo poo in the road, this is always fun to exit a corner into.

Mind your entry speed. Oh and watch for rocks!

At the end of 127 the stop sign before new road is full of sand. I was doing the flintstone shuffle to get it stopped without locking anything up. I'm sure the guy in the car at the stop sign thought I was a freak! I ran new road, turned around, ran new road again, stopped in Jay at the gas station filled up and went BACK through new road and back through Spavinaw stopping in Salina. Good times but the traffic had definitely picked up from this morning. I went through this morning without having to pass any cars. The afternoon I passed a goldwing, and probably 4 cars or so.

I stopped in Salina for a coke and a brief break. If you have ever watched that show over the hill, the one with boomhower or whatever. I met his his grandfather in Salina. Was going to get a coke and the guy was "ble de me hoom sha hey what?" to which I replied "Yeup". He wanted to shake my hand and show me his glasses as well. Good times. I pay for my coke head out the door. He comes out a bit later as I am smoking, goes at it again. "behend de da boop shmeee sorta n kinda well boop dat boop whoo" I mostly just nodded. Then 2 cop cars come flying through lights and sirens blazing. He advises me that there's a fire. Sure enough a fire truck comes blazing through just a couple of minutes later. Good call dude.

I was headed home, but what the hell. Cop cars? Fire engines? Gotta be something cool. I gear up and roll back through Spavinaw but never find them nor see any smoke or actually anything cool really. Just turns. I round out the day at blue hole, and turn around and go back through Spav. Taking time to Rev it a bit at a Mom/Daughter who were waving at me. Roll back home, meet up with Sam_Rush and head to K&N. Total miles 239.

:up

Oh and lastly, you can tell everyone is super pumped to get out and ride, as EVERYONE on a bike waved. Eh cept for one Harley guy and one Goldwing guy.

Silver fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 23, 2007

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Were they strap on bags? I love mine, got it from Squishy_Buddha. Has a neoprene base so no scratching or slipping, and since the RR tanks are plastic, it straps on. For the most part, yeah I love it and would dearly miss it. Coretech super mini, they're on Newenough for like 50 bux I think.

edit: Just saw you had the same one. Weird. I know Squish used it for awhile. I have had no complaints really.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
This Sunday was pit bike track practice for Tulsa sport bike riders out at JRP race way. Good times!! I got a knee down, lowsided, and got some track time in. Was amazingly fun.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T72lj0aWsNY

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Pretty cool motorcycle awareness video. Not the one you have seen where they're all naked.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XPvcd0b1gHM

Also on the fat guy on the bike, in the last picture did he just set down a wheelie? Or does he roll around all the time with the front shocks compressed almost fully. Whoa.

Lastly, to add picture content, helping a friend out to build portfolio, I'm a SUPA STAR!

:cheers:

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Hahahahahaha, what the gently caress!? Backstory please.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Oh man, if our news guys around here were this cool I would actually watch the news.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

inolen posted:

This is probably how Ravyn felt following me for awhile. One hand on on the knee through the corners. :haw:

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Man, that guy is making the rounds again. I've seen it on 3 different emails and a few forums.

The guy with his head stuck in a truck was in Tulsa, doing 120+ on 169 and smacked into the back of the truck. No one really knows why. In the emails it says "WEAR UR HELMET, HE LIVED" but actually, he didn't live. This was also a week after another guy died running into a truck. Police crackdown on sportbikes went into hyper mode for a bit.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Uthor posted:

It popped up on the "Pictures that Look Like Photoshops" thread a few days ago. I'm assuming that's why it came up here.

Yeah but I've been seeing it in emails too, not just on here. Big chain saying that he lived.

As for suicide, not sure. From what I understand(no documented proof) he wasn't drunk and from the trucker guys statement that there weren't any other cars on the road. So who knows.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Psssh, quit being a sympathizer. Dude pulled in front of him trying to paste him on the hood. Also on the liveleak click the link with GR on the bmx, that was some funny stuff.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Xlyfindel posted:

That vid was hilarious, and the one where he's in police kit is pretty sick too. Is this the same guy who stole that motogp bike for a lap around the track (forgot which) a few years back? I thought I saw that video in this very thread, but after browsing through for a bit I don't see it at all.

You're going to need to find that video, that sounds funny as hell.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
You're totally going to get snobbed by the HARDCORE cruiser crowd for rolling with a joe rocket jacket and I hope a helmet.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Fart car, did you take that picture? Really really good shot.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8b2_1210796656

holy poo poo. Kinda not worksafe as dude gets binned.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
I had to double check and make sure I wasn't in the megathread, this is the pictures and video thread.

What the gently caress?

Pictures!

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Yeah that VFR400 is piiiiiiiiiiiiimp!

Yeah dog seems to be chill with it. Need to start training my dog for the Baja 1000.

DOG ON A BIKE!!!!

Baja dog again.

Suzuki hatin.

Honda lovin.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Seriously, what the gently caress is wrong with you people? THIS is the Cycles PICTURES and VIDEO thread.

Go to the Motorcycle Megathread(link included) and type your questions, trolls, and walls of text. Shitheads.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
The gsxr in the minivan pic is awesome!

Doc: Sweet ride, holy poo poo that thing looks comfy. 800 mile days? No problem.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Ahem. Mutt/Phat, remember when you point an accusing finger, you have three pointing back at you.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
This 600RR is still on the road.

edit:

Silver fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Aug 18, 2008

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Yeah make your own ride report thread. I don't think anyone will care if they are goons or not. I've posted a few ride report threads in which the people in them will probably never even see the SA forums.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Whoa, got stormed by KTM's tonight. WTF.

First started out with Juan wanting to come over and do his first service. Then Cliff and Bob showed up. I gave them wrong directions thinking wouldn't find it but drat, they got here. I said right, but meant left. Whoops.

Whoa, workin motorcycles, pres butan it go.

Wheres this cuppy thing go? FYI, if you use repsol you don't need that cuppy thing, you're just lucky I had one.

WHERE DA WHEELS GO??? WTF.

Who cares about the wheels. WE FOUND WHERE THE CUPPY THING GOES!!!

Gary shows up on his KTM we all stand around and watch Juan work on his bike while laughing.

Here's the KTM guys all hanging out and me going "Whoa, lot's of KTM's let's hope they don't drop parts everywhere".

KTM'S EVERYWHERE!!!!!

Now they are gearing up to leave, Juan is washing his stuff. They're like "later dude". No parts were left, but Cliff had to lock tight some stuff before leaving at Bob's request.

It's a very clean KTM.

Ok this. THIS. See how he's not looking at backing up but at the yard?? Yeah.

Here they are leaving in a blur. :mad:

BECAUSE THIS IS MY YARD!!!!! THANKS CLIFF!!!

Good times :up :up Thanks for stopping by guys, always fun rapping and hanging out with you all. :cheers:

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

GriszledMelkaba posted:

How does your guy in the lower left ride?

He's got little arms, but is a VERY good rider. He's owned/rides Yamaha R6, for multiple 400+ mile days and track days. KTM 105cc dirt bike, ridden a bunch. Now he's on the KTM690SM. He might have others. Does a lot of his own work on bikes, such as putting on the exhaust on his KTM. He's also loving hilarious/awesome guy all around. He's just made it work.

I guess there was a group ride some time ago and Bob was on it, some newer guys were talking to an older veteran rider and asking the same question, "How is he going to ride... will he be able to keep up?" the veteran replied "Guys, don't worry about him keeping up, you just try to keep up with him". By the end of the ride they were like "Respect." hehe. Bob's loving awesome.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Bah double post.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Oh yeah I didn't figure any disrespect intended. Mostly leans forward a lot, I think the only thing he's really done is a throttle thing. He's only got 2 fingers on each arm, so it's to make it easier for to grip/twist.

Trips that he's done so far have been Laguna Seca for MotoGP/Pac 1 on the R6 with a couple of friends.

He actually has a DR650 too I forgot to add that one. On that he went down to Copper Canyon in Mexico(one of my dream trips fyi) with some buddies of ours. Bob's the man. :)

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
FIREFOX 3 YOU PIECE OF poo poo! Another double post for the win.

Other forums I have to alt-s then hit the space bar to get it to post, SA I don't have to but forget about the space bar thing and it's automatic now. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Top one is a Honda, drawing a blank on the model of it though.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Pretty sure it's going to be on CBS. Not sure if live or not. Man I wish I was going.

Also the keg strapped to back is awesome.

edit: Oops, yeah it's on NBC.

Silver fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 10, 2008

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

blugu64 posted:

I love this, what's the story? Road flooded over thanks to Ike a week or so ago?

Heh, went camping on the bike with some dual sport friends. That was the camp spot they choose, had to water cross the buffalo river.

The next night, about a mile of this...

To get to the camp site.

But while they were off riding dirt I got to ride...

That. Which was rad. And the water crossing and dirt roads were more :lol: than anything. Was a kick rear end time, waiting for all the pictures to get ftp'ed up from everyone and I'll do a ride report.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
I still play TT. Switch between that and MotoGP07.

Fun stuff. I am still doing the get it to 100 percent. I have all the bikes except the very last couple you can win with the Specialty series. I really like the graphics on TT, but the racing on MotoGP is sooo much better, TT racers suck balls.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Sweet!! Very cool stuff. Looks a bit long in the rear, maybe tighten it up a bit, WHEELIE MACHINE! Now design me a 140 pound wet sport scooter that is putting out 50HP. :) :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Chickens don't have stripes. They have peckers.

For Your Information.