Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Inolen, do something inventive. Wheelies are old and boring. I was wheelieing KDX-80's in the late 80's, when I was like 9.

Do something inventive that we havent all seen 10 trillion times, and maybe you will get a warmer reception.

Circle wheelies are boring too, no matter how hard they are. I want to see some innovation in the stunt scene, not just the same 4 or 5 rehashed tricks all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

94whitesnake posted:

Real men ride trials bikes.

Real men go on 2,000 mile trips on Honda CT-70's

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

tbonewalker posted:

Crosspost from the vector drawing thread:

Larger:
http://img.waffleimages.com/img/42fd9cdd1acd32b9bb7f9a800db3ec2f0e56b8a2/virago1.gif

This took about as long as you might expect.

Holy poo poo, nice! Can anyone post a good tutorial on how to do these?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

mas posted:

I just picked this up Saturday for $500. Needed left side engine cover mounted, oil and a new battery. Barely 10K miles on it. Got it running about an hour ago.

1977 CB750F/SS. My first bike. I'm enrolled for a riders class later this month.

[/center]

You have no idea how jealous I am of you that you found a CB750 in that shape for that price.

:argh:

Its gorgeous.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

mas posted:

1977 CB750F/SS.

What makes it an SS?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

orinth posted:

Haha, man, that takes a serious set of balls.

Cabbage Appraiser posted:

One of these things is not like the other...one of these things just doesn't belong.

Hey man, leave the black guy alone :mad:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Haha, the Hayabusa ATV, and the STI ATV need to have a ridiculous battle to the death.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

orinth posted:

don't mind the ebaums crap, cause it aint hosted there

Never have I saw a set of sidebags and thought "Man, you could fit a baby in there". Now I wont be able to NOT think it. :arghfist::gonk::fh:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

LOUD PIPES DROWN OUT BABIES

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nerobro posted:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6193830116215137642 Welcome to my backyard.

Oh God how I miss that sound.

Looks good though. Should be a barrel of fun.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have an RD350 in my garage, just waiting to make that sound.

If only I could find the time to work on it. :cry:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Man, they ride to die with no understanding of the concept of death.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Pacinamac posted:

How can they have no concept of death? Riding like that is not incredibly dangerous, he is not doing any high speed deaths. At worst, if he went down, he would have some cuts and scrapes, nothing big.

Did we watch the same video?

• "We ride to die" is something of a catchphrase
  • When you are 5 or however old these kids are, you really dont have a concept of death. You know what it is, but you dont understand its finality and reality.
  • These kids are doing at least 20 with no gear other than a helmet. Ever hit the pavement "only" doing 20? It aint fun.
  • What are "high speed deaths"?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

More pics!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

orinth posted:

How to properly load your bike in the back of a moving truck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW9t_fvB1tY&eurl

Could he have gone any slower?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

cmorrow001 posted:

I"m thinking about trading my gixxer 600 for this:

http://tinyurl.com/y7a2yr

I'm trying to work a deal with the guy right now. I'll probably do it for the right price. What do you guys think?

:argh: Do it!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ok, I know I have requested this before, and I feel like an rear end doing it again, but I have lost these pics AGAIN!

Can someone post the series of the old CB750 all decked out with modern suspension, brakes, wheels, etc? Its orange, I believe, and its hot as poo poo.

TIA GOONZ

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Away Message posted:

HELLO GOON

Oh God I love you. I wont lose them this time, I promise.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DefaultPeanut posted:

Here is where my 1991 CR500R stands now.

I have a lot planned for it, my YZ250F and the RD200 this winter.

Holy poo poo, CR500's are loving wild animals. Have fun with that thing, even if you weighed 900lbs, that bike would still peel your face off. Be careful!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DefaultPeanut posted:

I am only 155 lbs.

Oh God that has to be insane.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This is a 1960's MX race. The quality is a little lovely, but its amazing how fast those bikes are, given the technology, suspension and brakes available at the time.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3937192105627763529&hl=en

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sound Mr. Brown posted:

The bike culture in Japan is... really interesting. Here's one I found last week in Shinjuku (Tokyo):

at least it's a comfy ride:

I'll try to take more pictures of stuff you wouldn't see in the States. One thing I might be able to get a shot of is people riding Honda's "Monkey" series as though they are regular bikes. The 50cc pocketbike Monkey and the larger (125?) Ape are both really popular, and street-legal to boot. I see people hunched over and zipping around on them all the time, sometimes in a full suit headed to work.

Holy motherfucker does that have some pricey suspension on it!!

That is really cool, please post anything you can from over there, I find Japans motorcycles really interesting, and I'm sure others do as well.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

BoBtheImpaler posted:

The Ducati/NCR "New Blue" track bike. It's a Sportclassic Sport 1000S that's down to 330lbs. and up to 122hp, with every trick part out there and a snazzy leather seat. They're supposed to be making a limited run for the U.S market.

Now that is loving cool!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

AdeptaCheese posted:

First bike, Honda CT110, 110 cc. Max Speed: 40mph

I love it.

Thats really cool, and a super-clean example. What year is it? Mind if I ask what you payed?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

eternal mouthwash posted:

Speaking of Hondas, does anyone know if it's possible to obtain a 50cc Honda Solo in the US?

You'd have to import it, but it would be worth it. Thats a seriously cool little bike. Yamaha was big on those underseat monoshocks in the 80's. I always thought it was a cool design, and its nice to see it make a return.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Bob Morales posted:

They look silly stock, but that one is tits.

The stupid double barrel shotgun exhaust is the dumbest design move ever.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thats drat impressive IF and only IF the water is more than 2 feet deep. Its tough to tell if he is just driving through shallow water really fast, or actually hydroplaning over deep stuff.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

raffie posted:

More crazy Japanese gymkhana action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-3Djh8A7SE

Awesome, the guy on the DRZ and the 2-stroke Honda cranked huge endos, what a way to finish!

EDIT: Why isnt Gymkhana popular anywhere but Japan :(

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

INFO NOW!!

You cant just post something that cool and not say anything about it!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Haha, I like that they stuck with the stock BMX brake in the front :awesome:

EDIT: What is it with XS650's? People make them into choppers, drag bikes, weird BMX things, and people love them to death. Isnt there someone here who has a few of them?

Whats up with XS650's that makes them so great?

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Mar 2, 2007

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ok, I'm not normally one to call bullshit, but theres no loving way these specs are anywhere near accurate.

quote:

12,000 - 15,000 cc. - approx. 750 - 1000 hp. - # of cylinders always modified per application (24+). - top speed unknown - 0 to 60 mph < 1 sec. - 1/4 mile N/A because limited track size does not give sufficient room for safe deceleration weight 1 ton +

750-1000hp? Maybe 750, on a cold day. Thats an ancient aircooled lump running carbs that a caveman would laugh at. I seriously doubt that puts out 1000hp.

0-60 in <1 sec? Hahaha, no way no how, not on those tires with that frame and that suspension.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

My new wallpaper :swoon:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jazzzzz posted:

Why does he have cans taped over his cans?

Because his exhaust points upwards, so if the bike sits in rain, snow, etc, the pipes dont get loaded up with water

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fats posted:

We be stuntin :c00l:

Haha, holy gently caress is that funny.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

And he did go for pants instead of shorts geez

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The second vid is contrasted by the awesomeness of the two man wheelie, and the gayness of the song choices.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What the hell happened to that midpipe?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

bung posted:

:awesome: Sweetest Ducati ever! :awesome:

FATAZZ L@@K

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Bob Morales posted:

This Wakan is my new favorite bike.

Whats going on with the 2-1-2 exhaust :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

open24hours posted:

This is a lot more impressive than doing wheelies on a gsxr while sitting on the handlebars. Why didn't this kind of stunting catch on instead of the starboyz style?

Because trials riding involves real skill, practice, coordination, etc etc etc.

Wheelieing a sportbike is mostly trial and error.