Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jazzzzz posted:

To be fair, some of the more advanced tricks I've seen done at "stunta" demonstrations require a bit of skill and coordination as well. I'm not impressed by wheelies or stoppies or highchairs, etc., but some of the tricks Christian Pfeiffer does are pretty :coal:. Then again, he's a trials rider.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erlnXv-39o8

Well Christian Pfeiffer is on a whole different plane of existence than your average STARBOYZ FTP stunta. Plus, as you said, Pfeiffer is a trials rider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

inolen posted:

I love how you so boldly show your ignorance.

I think you still have no clue what a real stunt rider is. Squids doing power wheelies on the freeway != stunt rider.

I love how you endlessly defend your little hobby. Standups, highchairs, rolling burnouts, big endos, standing on the seat, aka, all the poo poo you see over and over and over and over and over and over at every single stunt show on the planet (not just douchebags on the freeway), does not hold a candle to the poo poo that a pro trials rider does.

It just doesnt, sorry if you dont like that.

I know you cant just hop on a bike and join the starboiz or whatever, but lets be honest, how many trials riders are out there with the insane skills to do the poo poo featured in the video posted above? Not many, they are rare. How many loving bandana-wearing, wifebeater-rocking, youtube posting stuntas are around at every single motorcycle event that occurs, hawking their homemade DVD's and blaring lovely deathmetal while they put on shows consisting of the same 5 or 6 tricks that every other stunt group does?? About 10 million.

Does that tell you something about trials vs. stunt riding?

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jul 11, 2007

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mapless posted:

I was, but if that's what you meant then disregard what I said. Edit: It sounded like you were talking about running alongside one on the highway.

Getting upset at stunters for practicing in parking lots (with proper approval) is like throwing fits at auto-x guys or sportbikers on trackdays. All too often it's the douchebags on the highways that cause the problems for us all (and it's actually THOSE guys that I get so up in arms about, not the people who TRULY and honestly keep it off the street).

And of course, guys like this. There isnt a big enough rolleyes for this image.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thats absolutely gorgeous. Everything that Honda put the 305 in is a work of art.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

vorhese posted:

I bet that thing uses a quart of brake fluid.
That just SCREAMS "LOOK AT ME, LOOK, PAY ATTENTION!"

Where on earth would you get a throttle cable for that thing??

Also, it screams "MY ARMPITS ARE BONE DRY"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

vorhese posted:

watch out for that deeeeeer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6VS6qsLJeY

Haha, wow the video response is even loving crazier!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGJ0fJN10YY

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

jmiz5 posted:

I've added frame pucks and a D&D slip-on exhaust. It's one mean sounding sports bike.

Oh God, D&D, the loudest pipes availiable, on a Buell, the loudest sportbike availiable. That thing must sound like a V-twin freight train.

Thats a sweet bike though, I have always loved the way they look, and from what everyone says, they are absolutely brilliant handlers, and a hoot to ride.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

94whitesnake posted:

That's why most guys run a SCOTTS damper. Most guys will say that a properly valved suspension has the same effect as a damper, and then some will say if you're suspension is tiring you out then you're not going fast enough.

I'd love to talk shop, but I think there's like 2 trail riders in all of AI.

I lived and breathed dirtbikes from 7 to about 20 years old. I havent ridden off-road in any serious manner in about 6 years, but I want to get back into it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

94whitesnake posted:

It's fun. I don't exactly pull wheelies on fire roads all day either. Actually I never do that.

This is what I do every sunday.

You bastard! There are no places to ride around here, and the most I see are illegal quick jaunts offroad to satiate the urge for a while.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This thread cant be on the second page!!

As I said in the MMM, I call it Quasimoto, my quasi-supermoto.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Xlyfindel posted:

I've heard that explanation too, but its just like a ton of clear coat. Even some scuffs will still show up, so I don't really see the advantage. I know race bikes don't need to look look super fly, and everything is already plastic anyway so its not like you need the paint to prevent rusting or whatever so...

Just like if you had an assload of clearcoat, you could just run a buffer over it for a while, and it will eventually look like new.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Its great because they actually talk about jetting, biturbo exhausts, whatnot.

I loving love that song.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Riding without a helmet rules.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

inolen posted:

Oh, for sure. Ride or die, right? :c00l:

Ride to die :eng101:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

open24hours posted:

http://www.goldammercycle.com/

These bikes looks pretty rad. I wonder how they handle.

With that big rake, I bet they both handle like poo poo. The last one looks pretty sweet though. I like the vintage Salt Flats look.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You've always wanted to make your Speed Triple look like a first-gen GSXR??

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

No studs, no knobbies, no traction. Lots of fun.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

`Nemesis posted:

drat you got a lot more snow than me... got about a half inch only :(

We did get quite a bit, but most of its gone today.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

And there we have it folks. The worlds slowest hayabusa.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

vorhese posted:

1960's motorcross race rrrup rrup!
http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=959014224&channel=147122174

Haha, thats awesome! I'm suprised to hear what sound like 4-strokes in there. I thought it was all 2-strokes back in the day for MX.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

One fast motherfucker on an RD350 reelin em in like it aint no thang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB0qXmLuqrw

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

how in the hell does that happen

they are like braided steel cable

Lack of maintenance. I've seen them snap, but never on something as new as the bike he was riding.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

mutt2jeff posted:

Eh, just the brand new tires that took him out, it could happen to the best of us. Those fuckers are slick.

Hence, why nublets shouldnt buy literbikes. Anyone who knows what they're doing knows not to whack the throttle open on a bike with new tires, no matter what the bike is, let alone a wild-rear end literbike.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What the gently caress. That must be the flimsiest car on earth.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

bung posted:

There's even a carbon fiber cover on the side stand

For 36K there had better be a carbon fiber broad who comes out and sucks my carbon fiber dick.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How do you do anything but drive in a straight line? Especially with a passenger? I cant imagine cornering in the snow.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

mutt2jeff posted:

Yes, you are. The pipe organ exhaust is amazing, especially when they get hot enough to start glowing.

They dont, there was an ad that depicted it, but it wasnt real.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

gently caress, that is the biggest loving letdown EVER.

Does anyone have a copy of that ad, btw? I could never find it...GP Sports in San Diego had a wall sized poster of it that had the 4 glowing exhausts and "The Fire" in the middle with the MV logo. It was awesome.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

Do you know where i could find it in poster form? That's the only poster i've ever really, really wanted. I remember looking a few years back but could never find it. :(

I've never actually seen it in poster form. That image is one I scanned from the MV brochure.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Can someone post the pics of that Restomodded CB750 that everyone (myself included) creams their pants over?

I swore to myself that I would save those pics the last time I saw them, and I'm sure I did, but here we are, and I cant find them :mad:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

open24hours posted:

Black & Red

The one I was thinking of was a different one actually, it was more of a standard styled bike, built by a single guy, rather than a company. It looked pretty much like a stock CB750, but it had nice suspension, brakes, exhaust, etc.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nope, still not it. drat, I know someone has to know what I am talking about. I think it had upside down shocks on the front.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Away Message posted:

HELLO GOON

I found it. EARLIER IN THIS VERY THREAD!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

frozenphil posted:

Tim completely disappeared from the net after posting the pictures of his finished project.

I cant blame him, I'd never stop riding it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Doctor Zero posted:

45 degrees? GOOD ENOUGH!

LENS FLARE!

I ARE SERIOUS BIKER

My God that is one big son of a bitch. I thought my CB750 was huge.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

rope kid posted:

Sweet "street fighters", brahs.

Hahaha, AKA, "OH poo poo I crashed my bike"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Holy gently caress does that thing accelerate hard.

Now, the question is, is that bike remote controlled, or is the monkey actually hitting the throttle?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You have to be one ballsy motherfucker to tow a bike like this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Apr 25, 2008

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

OptimusMatrix posted:

Just picked my bike up about 3 weeks ago. It's a Graphite Silver 2007 Yamaha R6 with 4k miles on the odometer. The only things I've got done to it so far is Fender Eliminator, Side Markers, and a Cool white led on the nose. I've got my HIDS and Sliders on the way. I've also got a friend who's integrating my rear blinkers into the passenger foot pegs.

Oh, nice, so you're that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Valt posted:

Well after many months and a few hundred dollars it's nearly done. I'm pretty sure the carbs need synced, and I need to find out what is going on with this gas leak. A few other minor electronic things and it should be ready to ride.

What a gorgeous bike! Are those clipons or really low bars? I cant tell from the picture.