Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Everyone should own at least one goldwing, imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I really wish there were electric-bike-in-a-box kits, so to speak, because I have an RV90 sitting in my attic with a fragged transmission and it would be a prime candidate for a conversion, but I don’t really want to put the work in to source every individual part.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I know about the Amazon/ebay/alibaba e-bicycle kits, but I’ve never seen an e-motorcycle kit

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Just sell me the motor, electronics and batteries and I’ll make it work, dammit.

I realize I’m in the minority on that.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Invalido posted:

These two kits aren't terribly far off from what I think you say you want:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006059701315.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006618192238.html

Or this bad boy with gears and everything so the sprocket is offset, hopefully closer to where it needs to go for good chain geometry:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006586866102.html

There are battery builders on Ali too who will spot weld up a 72V or whatever pack with a BMS in the dimensions you specify. Sometimes the dimensions are a few mm off and you have to move the BMS cables around to make the pack fit in the allocated space. I know this from personal experience. I've been meaning to procure a nickel strip spot welder and learn doing this for myself for a long time but managed to procrastinate this through learning to take care of my battery packs so they last a long time.

Whoa that last one is rad, and for 2.6hp, the gears might be needed

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Must be a ton of room in the sprocket cover.

Or, a perfectly machined bolt-sized groove in it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slide Hammer posted:

Is the ER6n one of the p-twins with a 270-degree crankshaft?

Which number is the good p-twin number? I never remember

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The good p-twin number is 0 :colbert:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mine………didn’t work out.

As a consolation here’s a picture of my cat that I technically took during the eclipse

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ok, and what are your dumps when you flush?

Yeah, same thing :dukedog:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

cursedshitbox posted:

It's still depleted uranium.

So are my rotors.

It appears we are at an impasse

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Good thing you can only fly drones towards the back of a motorcycle and not the front or sides. Real bullet dodged there, Russia

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That phone held on for dear life, drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That gets way better if you unmute it.

The one guy letting out the scientist scream from half life is :discourse: