Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
More pictures and video, less stuntaz. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

vorhese posted:

This forum is called SOMETHING AWFUL

No, the name of the forum does not entitle you to post pictures of corpses without NWS'ing them as a courtesy.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Post pictures, videos, or don't post.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Yeah, those are about as side-splittingly hilarious as any other web comic.

You see, you see... haw haw haw, there's OIL there, so he AVOIDS the oil!!!! Heh heh heh

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

Teus posted:

hai guys, I'm new around here.

Welcome! Now go read the damned rules.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Ola do you maintain a good relationship with Baglbeabs*? Because that's his turf you're living in.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

Ola posted:

:holymoley:

OH MY GOD

sigtrap fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 10, 2010

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
I wouldn't cross Baglbeabs* if I were you. He and his crew are pretty tough. They pretty much own that corner, and look where your bike is parked :O

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Why wait for spring? He could be buying more spray paint RIGHT NOW.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
I figure it's some fat dude riding home from the realdoll store.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Casey, Stoner.

Larry, Pisces.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
I'm thinking the "butty buddy" and the "if you can read this, the bitch fell off" t-shirt hit the shopping cart at roughly the same time.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Skier and I spent a perfectly grey, rainy Saturday attending a local biker rally for ABATE, which is the North Idaho Association of Vest Wearing Cruiser Riders Who Believe in Safety Training Even If They Ignore Parts Of It.

We got there first. And waited.

Eventually a be-leathered group of riders showed up on an assortment of cruisers, many with life-saving pipes.

Purty new / newish Goldwing. Claimed it was the best bike he'd ever owned, and loved chatting about it.

Awesome old Honda something-or-other rescued from a hard life of outdoor neglect. It squeaked while standing still and was positively dripping in rust and patina. But, it was honest, and the guy was doing a lot of work to get it running again.

Period Windjammer and hard cases, totally where they belong.

The rescuer / proud papa.

A gubernatorial hopeful showed up to lend his support.

:patriot: :911:

Goldwing owner snaps self-portrait standing next to an easter egg with teeth.

Son. of a bitch.

Then we rode around town in the rain, taking a circuitous route to the courthouse to rabble-rouse. On a Saturday. When all the state employees were at home watching Nascar updates.

Skier reads a statement on behalf of STAR. Not a dry eye in the place. (It was raining)

The Motodwarf!

One more pic of shiny, colorful things.

Snide comments aside, it was a great, friendly group of folks, and a good cause.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
forums.xtremebikerz.com : Check out my kickass vidz where I speed and cross the centerline on public roads

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

Saga posted:

Sigtrap - with groveling felicitations and the greatest of respect...do you really never exceed the speed limit on a public road?

I exceed it regularly.

It's a mark of lovely forums to capture said hooligainy and post it for kudoz & cred. It's right up there with kill stories. Someday I might strap a camera on my bike to share what I think are some awesome local roads, and I'll sure as hell clean up my act while the camera is running.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

Z3n posted:

Isn't there some inherent dishonesty in that though? We all ride like that sometimes, we do our best to keep it out of the public eye, but it seems like on a forum of like minded individuals, why not share us actually having fun rather than a video that may as well be shot hanging the camera out of the window of a car? Just run your pace, whatever it may be, share what it's actually like.

It's still "a mark of lovely forums to capture said hooligainy and post it for kudoz & cred". And people commonly do NOT "run their pace" when they're recording for public consumption. This has been demonstrated many times and you know it. I'm not talking 10-15 over on a deserted dead road. I'm talking about when that slowly turns into this poo poo where people are doubling the limit against oncoming traffic, running wide, etc. Mr.Zig's video gets close to that.

I honestly don't care if you think I'm being dishonest, and it's not under discussion. Do not post street racing videos here.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

ReelBigLizard posted:

I swear every TT video I watch looks like it's overcranked. Road racing is insane,

Undercranked.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Wanna see a video of Space Rogue there and his awesome futurebike in a clumsy and embarassing low-speed drop right in front of a day care or a vacuum repair shop or something.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

Ola posted:

Dickhead on a Gixxer (what else?) tried to run from the cops this morning.

Click here for the full 997x665 image.

How nice! They sent an ambulance to pick up the wounded bike. Or did they accidentally send the rider to hospital in a tow truck?

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Cycle Asylum - Motorcycles, bicycles... all that stuff with two wheels.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

Scrapez posted:

...Schwinn Sting I used to race.

Oh man I wanted one of those. About a year ago I managed to rescue the remains of my prized Mag Scrambler from my parent's house. At some point I'd like to restore it.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

Slim Pickens posted:

What a piece of poo poo.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
^^

Hahahahahahaha I must own this film

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

SaNChEzZ posted:

Jesus, puppies, poop etc.

*wipes sweat from brow, quietly closes door*

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

Whitesnake_2! posted:

but he can't because Sigtrap is a dick and CA is run by the worst of its posters

Good. Leave, then.

If a handful of attention-seeking wannabe bad boyz want to keep loving around instead of, you know, posting about motorcycles, it'll cost $9.95 a pop because at this point I have no patience for it. Don't like it? gently caress off.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Christ, that was intense.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Hey guys I managed to smuggle this footage of mootmoot out shortly before he was probated again

Can't be mootmoot, the guy in the gif stayed on the bike.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

soy posted:

As if the sword isn't enough, he has a USA jacket..

Silver, dude... hit the gym, man.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

Best bros for life:

Is that a LeMond?

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

2001 Lemond Poprad in Reynolds 853 steel. :allears:

:hfive:

(BigSky SLT)

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

ReggieCelsius posted:

but for me personally an overpriced, technologically inferior, unreliable and heavy show pony is at the bottom of the list. Oh I suppose they look nice and get a lot of attention if that is what you are chasing in a motorcycle.

In any case, Japanese and Italian bikes are better.

Nobody cares about your stupid opinion. If you don't like Harleys / cruisers, ignore them or post somewhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Maybe I'm missing the point, but how can something be a "Rat ____" if it has loving carbon fiber?

Like Mad damned Max is out in the post-apocalyptic wasteland laying down layer after layer of hand-woven carbon fiber, mixing epoxy, vacuuming it all together, etc.