Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

A journey never truly has an end...
Holla back youngin' First track day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

orinth posted:

wow they don't make you tape up anything or remove the mirrors?
Well, it's not exactly a track. It's a driver's training course that is converted into a motorcycle course on certain weekends. So my "trackday" statement is a bit misleading.

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

Killboy what:

Comin' atcha:

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

iroc_dis posted:

Any opinions guys? The ones from my previous post were from Dragon Slayer, these are from Killboy. Which do you guys think look best.
Nice bag load. My bike was loaded down for the trip from Minneapolis to Chicago, but not that much on the tail. I was able to split it between the tail and the tank. You can see my tank bag in the shot I'm coming at the camera - thanks to HNasty for that shot, by the way. Also, I prefer the DragonSlayer shots to the Killboy ones. Particularly, this one:

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

iroc_dis posted:

About what size is your tankbag? I was thinking about picking up a small one, just big enough for maybe a map, wallet, cellphone, and mp3 player.
I have the Rapid Transit Recon 19. It holds a lot, has a lot of pockets for many things, has fantastic magnets to hold it to the tank, and was my camera bag when I had my bulletcam recording our runs through Deal's Gap (this video will be posted soon). I also had my backpack on which had a pair of shoes and other miscellaneous items.

Fully loaded on Saturday, on the way back from Chicago in the pouring rain, which didn't stop me:

Ravyn fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Sep 28, 2006

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

n8r posted:

I think most people that start doing track days probably slow down on the street because of the track experience. You realize just how futile it would be to ride in a similar fashion on the streets (dangerous + tickets).
This they do, and this I've done as well. When just paying for a track day is ensuring you a way to really experience your bike in an agressive manner you start to realize how silly it is to try to do that out on public streets.

Except for US129, of course...

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

RandomSporkings posted:

front wheelie?
stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

DILLIGAF posted:

Does anyone make reinforced forks for those jackasses? They might be cool to have on an adventure bike to up[ the "rugged" factor a bit.
I'm sure something could be swapped like that, but in that crash I really think it was the fault of the rider, and not the bike. I know a lot of guys (mad tyte stuntaz) that will do stoppies all day have never had any problems with their forks giving way. I bet that guy swapped his front wheel and didn't tighten things down right, or recently swapped front forks and once again, didn't tighten things down right.

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

rope kid posted:

I don't think this has been posted in the thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtcd1kSdlQY

It's a video from Mail Call showing Marines on their diesel KLR650s doing sand training. :hellyeah:
Cooooooooooooooooool!

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

What the?

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

iroc_dis posted:

So on a scale of 1 to 10, how safe does this look? (Three 20-22 year old males, on an 03 gsxr1000, 03 gsxr600 and an 02 gsxr1000)

On a scale of 1 to 10 for "typicalness" I give it a 13. At least they got their brain buckets on!

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

iroc_dis posted:

As you probably guessed, all they do is stunt. I find it cute that they all had to get "gixxers."

edit// And not even competitive stunting or anything even resembling it. These are the "how long can I wheelie down a crowded highway" type
Imagine that. The guys that do that on our highways here also use GSXRs. They're a good bike for it I guess.

Sometimes I wish my bike would come up at speed as easily as a literbike would, but that's just a dirty little secret.

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

vorhese posted:

All kinds of awesome

This is beautiful.

DILLIGAF posted:

This is not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravyn
May 8, 2002

dfn_doe posted:

Hey guys wasn't it cool when this was a "picture/video thread" and not a "lets argue about who's sport is the least gay thread"?

Anybody got a wallpaper sized picture of the new Ducati Hypermoto? That bike is hot as all hell.

STOP POSTING PICTURES OF THIS THING BEFORE I GO AND BREAK MY BANK AGAIN!